Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1017

Thread: Stacking physical cash

  1. #521
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    The restaurant owner who refuses to take cash goes against just about every principle in mankind. You don't have to go to the bank and you don't have to take the risk. Everything I've learned here at this website is rendered moot if everything is to be done electronically.

  2. #522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I dunno ....depends on the spin . . pay now in taxes, or pay more later with inflation, voluntary taxes are the American way. . be a good American. . wave the flag and pay your fair share with pride. We are all in this together. . takes a village. . .equality and level playing field .. U.S.A. . . I have little faith . . . even if everyone knew that income taxes were only a mechanism for removing excess FRN currency so that it doesn't inflate .. you'd still get a sizeable chunk of socialist minded people who would want to give and give and give (other people's money) give away to make society better for all.
    One guy "Gets it"!

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    224

    Default

    To do list:

    Land, crops, water, livestock, machinery, material (raw & or readied) an income producing business of some type on what ever scale you like. Ok, yes...a gun or two.

    Cash? It's going down in value, who needs it? Gold & Silver? Purely a fear based spec play, who needs it.

  4. #524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalIronSteel View Post
    The restaurant owner who refuses to take cash goes against just about every principle in mankind. You don't have to go to the bank and you don't have to take the risk. Everything I've learned here at this website is rendered moot if everything is to be done electronically.
    You don't have to go to a restaurant either. Much is to be said for the simplification of living.

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    25,750

    Default check check check and check....

    Quote Originally Posted by winehouse View Post
    To do list:

    Land, crops, water, livestock, machinery, material (raw & or readied) an income producing business of some type on what ever scale you like. Ok, yes...a gun or two.

    Cash? It's going down in value, who needs it? Gold & Silver? Purely a fear based spec play, who needs it.
    PUNch list complet ^^^ there is a bit more too of course.....winehouse?....>>you will need the cash, dollars to coins in your preps.... until the US dollar does not exist,, and i dont seethat going away too soon anyway..

    i dont know how urban folks can prep effectively, other than for themselves, for short duration...the cities are packed, built up vertically.. aargh!!!... but?

    the machinery as assets is vERY IMOPRTANT, from simple tools to other of course.....CHOOSE WISley...small amounts of basic machinery from farming to carting is essential... it can be aS SIMPLE as a well maintained multi purpose tractor wit as PTO, well you get it....basic but worthy... hey even with toidays fuels we have successfully stored gasoline for 5 plus years with additives and then used.. though we rotate much as per norn!, 3 of us st=tore and rotate fuel for about 20 of us,,,with families that # would GROW OF CURSE IF INCident ever happens for the TRUE NEED!!...i see "fuels" being very important to have...

    none of the above is only for SHTF...most is used regulary or rotated where needeed food to fuel, all prepped and stacked, is already traded in some form in my/our life, all impleMENTED AND INTO ITS FUll frutiyion.....do not discount like a locla crime watch, a local prep group, well no i dont mean militia, but hey... maybe so...

    just would say add plans and GOAls to your lisT, AND PRACTICE THEM ALSO...with so mnay of the world dependent on power, fuel and internet,,, anything could interrupt, more so than ever.......

    being prepared as winehouse posts, .................also imo means living that prepared state too...

    SORRY FOR CAPS.. not really shouting.. small device...
    \
    most of all keep cash, US dollars and coinage in ypour preps, are you serious, winehouse?

    inwv

  6. #526

    Default

    Cash is King...physical cash that is.

    Conserve it for now; plenty of deals on real assets coming up...

    Just trying to discern the Overlords next move.

    PS: Back to work!!

  7. #527

    Default

    When this crash finally comes, it will dawn on many that the entire "pumping the market" & "banker bailouts" since 2009 has been nothing more than a transfer of wealth from savers, wage earners, pensioners and taxpayers to private banks.

    Then again, there are many people out there as dumb as a box of rocks and STILL won't realise how they have been screwed.

  8. #528

    Default

    OK, Finally going to get off my but and convert some FRN's to Treasury Coins

    My initial though is the following as far as weighting

    %40 Nickels
    %30 Kennedy Half
    %30 Dollar denominated coins

    (not sure how much yet, but I can figure that out)

    If it were not for the space I would just get all nickels.

    Would like to hear any feedback on weighting percentage wise, pro's and con's of each if any.

    I read every post in this thread but did not see any deep dive into specifics as far as which coin to 'stack' and to what weighting

    Thanks
    IceAged
    Disclaimer: DYODD (Do your own due diligence). Any information in these posts are my own personal opinions and not investment advice

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT! - "K"

  9. #529
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Why mess with halves at all -- the dollar coins are smaller, weigh less, and neither have much metal value. Nickels I do myself, since they are closest to their metal value. Maybe go 50% nickels and 50% dollar coins.

    If the halves were silver (40% or 90%), that would be different. Frankly, I'm not so sure treasury coins will matter. They are supposed to be non-debt money, but when other countries have devalued, some have also done their coinage (e.g. the "new" Mexican peso coins are stamped N$ instead of just $).

  10. #530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suemarkp View Post
    Why mess with halves at all -- the dollar coins are smaller, weigh less, and neither have much metal value. Nickels I do myself, since they are closest to their metal value. Maybe go 50% nickels and 50% dollar coins.

    If the halves were silver (40% or 90%), that would be different. Frankly, I'm not so sure treasury coins will matter. They are supposed to be non-debt money, but when other countries have devalued, some have also done their coinage (e.g. the "new" Mexican peso coins are stamped N$ instead of just $).
    I like non-silver halves because when they pull them from circulation, they will be worth more than face value. Plus, I like old coins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •