Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst 12345678910111555 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacking physical cash

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Send me yours and I will send you the same amount of BTUs in wood, coal or oil. Your choice. Matter of fact, I will double the BTUs, just for you.
    I'd send it to you but I don't carry any. It's worthless anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurferRidingTheWave View Post
    I'd send it to you but I don't carry any. It's worthless anyhow.
    I just purchased gasoline with it today.

I just purchased gasoline with it today.
    Use a credit card for that.

Default Stacking Physical Cash

We should have a dollar thread, since stacking physical cash is definitely a strategy given the recent events.

My prediction is the dollar will continue to get stronger, breaking 100 on the index by the end of the year.

Given the capital flows, it is the safest investment available today. Physical Cash.

Here is a timely article to support my claim:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...-dollar-higher

"All this leads to two powerful tailwinds to the value of the dollar. One is simply supply and demand: as the global economy slides into recession, trade volumes decline, and the U.S. deficit shrinks. (It's already $250 billion less than was "exported" in 2006.) That will leave fewer dollars available on the global market.

In the case of the U.S., which exports large quantities of what the world needs (grain, soy beans, etc.) while buying mostly stuff that is falling in price in recession (oil, surplus manufactured goods, etc.), the trade deficit could decline significantly. (It is currently around $40 billion a month.)

And what does a declining trade deficit mean? It means fewer dollars are being exported. The global GDP is about $60 trillion, of which about 25% is the U.S. economy. Into this vast sea of trade, the U.S. "exports" about $500 billion in U.S. dollars via the trade deficit. Put in perspective, it isn't that big compared to the machine it is lubricating.

So what happens when there are fewer dollars being exported? Demand for existing dollars goes up, pushing the "price/cost" of dollars up--basic supply and demand.

The second tailwind is the demand for dollars from those exiting the euro and yen.The abandonment of the euro is already visible in these charts, courtesy of Market Daily Briefing: Peak Euros.

We can anticipate this desire to transfer euros and yen into dollars will only increase as those currencies depreciate. Let's say, just as an example, $5 trillion in euros starts chasing $1 trillion in available U.S. dollars. What will that do to the value of the dollar?

Some ask why those selling euros won't buy Chinese yuan. Where are you going to find $1 trillion in yuan? It isn't even convertible on an open market, and since China is an importer of currency, there isn't 1 trillion yuan floating around the global marketplace to buy even if you wanted to.

Many people scoff when I suggest the dollar could rise 50% (i.e. the DXY dollar index could climb from its current level around 80 to 120) or even 100% (DXY = 160) in the years ahead. I know it's the highest order of sacrilege to even murmur this, but if global demand for dollars picks up, the Fed isn't printing nearly enough to dent the rise in the dollar."

We should have a dollar thread, since stacking physical cash is definitely a strategy given the recent events.

My prediction is the dollar will continue to get stronger, breaking 100 on the index by the end of the year.

Given the capital flows, it is the safest investment available today. Physical Cash.
    And in 5 ,4, 3, 2, 1 ......

Talking

i know right. we can all thank the Fed for strengthening our Almighty greenback by their Massive Printing! (who knew this could possibly work?)
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    i know right. we can all thank the Fed for strengthening our Almighty greenback by their Massive Printing! (who knew this could possibly work?)
    Actually it is the problems overseas and the lack of demand combined with the destruction of existing dollars through replayment and default.

Cash sitting on a banks balance sheet is dead and provides no monetary velocity.

High voltage and low amps will hurt, but not kill. It's the amps (velocity) that kills.

Actually it is the problems overseas and the lack of demand combined with the destruction of existing dollars through replayment and default.

Cash sitting on a banks balance sheet is dead and provides no monetary velocity.

High voltage and low amps will hurt, but not kill. It's the amps (velocity) that kills.
    well, i'm glad that someone understands this stuff.. because i sure don't. Jim Willie is a smart guy (i think) and his take on things is a bit spooky.. i read the last article from him over on silverdoctors.com not long ago.
    x3

True,
    Also
    location, location, duration
    a few trillion amps going in one toe and out the other will blow a foot apart, a few milliamps applied to the heart can stop it, stop a heart long enough = death

(Edit to add)-it's not just velocity, but where the money is flowing, it can run in circles all day long and not hurt much, turn over of some etf shares is insane but it's not doing much damage. Spend the same cash on stock piling oxygen and see what happens!
    Last edited by Clock; 03-27-2013 at 12:33 PM.