Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QE3 or no QE3? That is the question...

Default QE3 or no QE3? That is the question...

Well folks, that's 2 days in a row that I've seen Fed officials calling for QE3. I forgot to post the link yesterday but here is todays;

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...-stimulus.html

I think we are probably going to be getting QEIII , but havn't some Fed Officials been calling for it since the end of QEII? I thought I remembered reading Mr Evans from Chicago basically calling for QE to infinity until the economy rebounds to an acceptable letter. I could be mistaken though.

It's coming either announced or not.

Default I read recently...

QE3 may arrive December 2011 or January 2012.

The Fed may prime the system with the MBS purchases.

I guess this QE3 will be similar to QE1...to somehow "re-animate" the real estate market.

Personally, the only way to pump life into the real estate corpse is to allow polygamy, home farming...of all items and livestock, legalize farming in the city on your own property, allow businesses to be run out of homes, allow mutiple families in homes...etc.

Basically allow homes to be used as capital assets and deprectiation as businesses.

Oh yes, and reduce property taxes significantly.

Its probably the only way to save our souls (or something like that)...the polygamy part may be hit or miss...but that's how it rolls up to me. Oh, and eliminate the minimum wage. The problem is majority of married get divorced...and single owner households are very unstable...and homes need familes to grow.

Personally...its all too foregone now. Its so deep that any "QE3" will be pure "window dressing" for the 2012 elections...to "look good"...but QE3 will be ineffective and flaccid (yup).
    Last edited by HardlyPeeved; 10-21-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Buy Gold and Silver, then wait.
    Gold, Silver: Beautiful Insurance in Ugly Situations
    Monetary triangle: U-Unit of Account, W-Store of Wealth, M-Medium of Exchange.
    PMs are unencumbered tangible fungible fractionable portable durable liquid insurance...without counter party risk; elementary, "Internet Safe" w/o tech issues.
    Silver cheaper than Gold, both precious !!
    Gold and Silver are elemental with no man-in-the-middle.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Well folks, that's 2 days in a row that I've seen Fed officials calling for QE3. I forgot to post the link yesterday but here is todays;

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...-stimulus.html
    If you're bullish on the SM, this comment must bring a smile to your face:

Responding to a question after the speech, Yellen said that the Fed is “certainly not targeting equity prices,” yet at the same time, “we would expect any action that we take that’s providing additional accommodation to show up in supporting the stock market.”

When QE2 was in effect the first half of this year, M2 increased by $285 BILL. Since June, M2 has increased another $523 BILL with over 2 months left to go in the year. I'd say QE3 already started in July when they pumped in $150 BILL in one week to stem the stock market crash. M2 increase for 2011 is on track to triple the 2010 M2 increase ($850 BILL vs. $284 BILL). Only about $40 BILL or more needed. With luck, they could end up increasing M2 by $1 TRILL this year. That would be a QE3 all by itself. But this is only what's officially reported by the FED rather than all the additional hidden debt-money flows.

Numisgold
    Last edited by Numisgold; 10-22-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Other parts of the world need to catch up first. I think they are trying to create some kind of currency equilibrium. The UK is set to start full blown (We just had QE 1.5 recently) QE2 and the EU are edging towards another QE. If both go ahead and make the dollar look too out of sync with other currencies then I think a US QE could go ahead.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that is how it is playing out at the moment. Bernanke, based on his ambiguous and evasive nature lately, is waiting for something.

Reserve Vice Chairman Lends Support to QE3
    October 21, 2011, at 3:43 pm
    by David Duval in the category General Editorial | Print This Post | Email This Post
    Dear Jim,
    This sure sounds like a “trial balloon” for another round of Quantitative Easing.
    The gold market will explode if they go for it in my opinion.
    David D

Fed’s Yellen: QE3 May Be Warranted
    By Scott Lanman and Jennifer Oldham – Oct 21, 2011 11:57 AM PT
    Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Janet Yellen said a third round of large-scale securities purchases might become warranted if necessary to boost a U.S. economy challenged by unemployment and financial turmoil.
    The central bank should also give “careful consideration” to Chicago Fed President Charles Evans’s proposal to tie the near-zero interest-rate pledge to specific levels of unemployment and inflation, Yellen said today in a speech in Denver.
    The remarks signal Fed officials may be prepared to delve further into unprecedented monetary territory and take criticism inside and outside the central bank for expanding the balance sheet. Fed policy makers are struggling to lower unemployment that’s been stuck near 9 percent or higher for 30 months without boosting inflation that’s already close to the central bank’s long-run goal.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyPeeved View Post
    Its probably the only way to save our souls (or something like that)...the polygamy part may be hit or miss...but that's how it rolls up to me. The problem is majority of married get divorced...and single owner households are very unstable...and homes need familes to grow.

Personally...its all too foregone now. Its so deep that any "QE3" will be pure "window dressing" for the 2012 elections...to "look good"...but QE3 will be ineffective and flaccid (yup).
    The other good thing about polygamy is that it would boost the birth rate and the happiness index (at least for guys) would be up.

The problem is WAY too much of society's productive energies are being robbed by banking goons and their fiat paper shuffling games. In reality, we were all supposed to work for about 20 years and be able to comfortably retire on our savings alone. But with the ripoffs by banking crooks going on, we gotta work till we are 65 or 70 and then retire partly on an SS ponzi scheme which could well collapse after we have retired.

As for QE3, Bernanke is saving that for 2012 just in case Ron Paul is in the lead for the Presidency. Can't have the economy show its true colors thereby vindicating RP in the midst of an election!

QE to infinity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast