Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dealer who use UPS are reckless

Default dealer who use UPS are reckless

Just a quick warning to all UK based stackers, and possibly global as well. I made a purchase recently from a dealer who uses UPS to deliver the items. Their policy is apparently to deliver package to a neighbour on the 1st attempt if you are not in. This occurred to me yesterday and resulting in my neighbour actually opening the package. Although i have now received it, obviously it's the last thing i want for my neighbourhood to know i receive value items, and the exact value of those items as the invoice was loose within the package, to my home address.

I would therefore suggest you avoid all dealers who use UPS or any other deliver service who deliver package for you to another person whos only relation to you is their physcial proximity to your address at the time of delivery.

Ok thanks for the heads up on this... I don't know of anything like that happens here in USA, but I'll ask around at UPS office etc. I always HAD to sign for the package.

If it helps, I'll be happy to take any gold or silver packs for anyone who won't be home that day...
    Enjoy the weekend.

Default nooooooooooooo..

Quote Originally Posted by Nod2Glod View Post
    Just a quick warning to all UK based stackers, and possibly global as well. I made a purchase recently from a dealer who uses UPS to deliver the items. Their policy is apparently to deliver package to a neighbour on the 1st attempt if you are not in. This occurred to me yesterday and resulting in my neighbour actually opening the package. Although i have now received it, obviously it's the last thing i want for my neighbourhood to know i receive value items, and the exact value of those items as the invoice was loose within the package, to my home address.

I would therefore suggest you avoid all dealers who use UPS or any other deliver service who deliver package for you to another person whos only relation to you is their physcial proximity to your address at the time of delivery.

you need to tell your neighbor IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO OPEN A PACKAGE, THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM"
    dang pal i'd be very pissed at them

yes, i know, but now i'm an a massive disadvantage to my neighbour as all they need to do i tell the wrong person that i've had a deliver worth X ús to my home. I use a safe deposit box in a major bank to store (which i'm not really happy about using), but there is still plenty of other stuff that could be stolen, or someone tries to hold me up at night thinking i have hiden it within my home somewhere.

I'm really pissed at UPS and the dealer who uses them knowing full well this occurs.

any one else had this happen to them?

Not to mention they charge you a "broker's fees" if the company didnt ship it correctly which always sucks!

I fricken Hate UPS,

yes, i know, but now i'm an a massive disadvantage to my neighbour as all they need to do i tell the wrong person that i've had a deliver worth X ús to my home. I use a safe deposit box in a major bank to store (which i'm not really happy about using), but there is still plenty of other stuff that could be stolen, or someone tries to hold me up at night thinking i have hiden it within my home somewhere.

I'm really pissed at UPS and the dealer who uses them knowing full well this occurs.

any one else had this happen to them?
    Was it from C I D?

aye, didn't want to name them...

i work at UPS in Washington State. Leave a note on your door if your not going to be home of delivery to deliver it to your work? or that you will pick it up. and NOT to leave it with a neighbor.

FedEx also does it.

edit - ups nor fedex knows (if shipped from state to state) what is in your package. I touch THOUSANDS of packages per day at work. I dont know what is in any of them. infact, we had a random APMEX box break open at work one day, had about 2 pounds of silver in side, and 3-4oz of gold. i watched them re-tape / wrap it up and send it off.

I guarantee you that your driver has no clue if you have underwear, drugs, or gold in the package.
    Last edited by dtkodak; 10-21-2011 at 08:40 AM.

I have not read any responses to this, so this may have already been addressed;

It's the the fault of the delivery service here. it's solely the fault of the neighbor who took it upon themselves to "break in" to your personal property. I take it that you have a good relationship with your neighbor as your frustration is not with them, as it should be, but with the carrier. You may as well blame the post office for putting mail in your mail receptacle only to have the neighbor walk over, take out your mail & open it. Same principal.

Further, I could see a case being made where the carrier sues the neighbor for trespassing on private property (your package).

you have a neighbor, sounds like you live in a house, burry it in the backyard - done deal, the metal never happened.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast