Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Sov.....wow!

Yes I would Only go for the bullion too, proofs are ridiculously expensive.

TaxFree is preselling the bullion coins for 285.00. Compared to 495.00 each for the proofs. Still higher than I'd like to pay, but I'll probably grab two. Don't see too many dealers in the US selling modern BU sovereigns.

I'm actually a big fan of the design. Kline the dragon design. Always preferred western dragons over Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenuichio Harada View Post
    TaxFree is preselling the bullion coins for 285.00. Compared to 495.00 each for the proofs. Still higher than I'd like to pay, but I'll probably grab two. Don't see too many dealers in the US selling modern BU sovereigns.

I'm actually a big fan of the design. Kline the dragon design. Always preferred western dragons over Asian.
    Bairds are doing them for 257 at the moment, thanks for posting the picture, someone knows what they are doing!

I would really like to see the BRM use William Wyon's St George and the Dragon design for a special edition sovereign set. It is so much more powerful than Benedetto Pistrucci's classic design:

"trozau" (troy ounce gold)
    gold - "the barbarous relic"

Quote Originally Posted by trozau View Post
    I would really like to see the BRM use William Wyon's St George and the Dragon design for a special edition sovereign set. It is so much more powerful than Benedetto Pistrucci's classic design[/IMG]
    I very much prefer Pistrucci's version to anything I have seen on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HighInBC View Post
    I very much prefer Pistrucci's version to anything I have seen on this thread.
    ohoh, that Wyon is fantastic, would have preferred it on the Pr....but from left to right.

Wyon was one of the very best engravers of all times if not the best.

Golditiki+++

Thanks to Mr. Harada for posting the complete image. It's pretty spectacular! (I couldn't get the turning image to stop by the method suggested above, and the upper left image was truncated.)

I agree about the Wyon design which I had never seen before -- it's terrific, though I also enjoy the Pistrucci version.

But then, I'm just a sucker for sovereigns.

I would really like to see the BRM use William Wyon's St George and the Dragon design for a special edition sovereign set. It is so much more powerful than Benedetto Pistrucci's classic design:

is it possible to find such Wyon coins ?

You can imagine a coin obverse Young Vic and reverse a Wyon St George? almost obscene beauty !!!

If the UK mint wants to make a, export killing they should sell that combination !!!!

Golditiki +++

is it possible to find such Wyon coins ?

You can imagine a coin obverse Young Vic and reverse a Wyon St George? almost obscene beauty !!!

If the UK mint wants to make a, export killing they should sell that combination !!!!

Golditiki +++

It is a gold 1845 medalic issue with Prince Albert on the obverse. It measures 56mm in diameter. Rarely comes up in major auctions.

"trozau" (troy ounce gold)
    gold - "the barbarous relic"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast