Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many silver ounces to gold ounces(ratio) should be owned?.....

He estimates that zinc could be used up by 2037, both indium and hafnium - which is increasingly important in computer chips - could be gone by 2017, and terbium - used to make the green phosphors in fluorescent light bulbs - could run out before 2012.

Without more recycling, antimony, which is used to make flame retardant materials, will run out in 15 years, silver in 10 and indium in under five.

Default To funny

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    Read the article.
    Why?
    * Sic transit gloria mundi *

Hawkeye

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Gold Stacks,

I realized I didn't answer your question earlier as for an opinion as to what the silver to gold investment ratio should be. Let me answer that by sharing the advice I got (and followed) when I started acquiring physical PMs just over two years ago. I sent an email to Richard Daughty, author of the "Mogambo Guru" economic newsletter, asking the very same question you did. Below is his response.

----------------------------------------------------
    Dear XXX,

Thanks for the nice compliment about my MoGu!

And as for my recommendations, I recommend that you immediately change your ratio of gold to silver, and I say this because you obviously think it is the wrong ratio, or else you would not be asking me about it, and that is why you are inquiring about the "correct" one.

And you did not specify if you were talking about the ratio of ounces or the ratio of market values, so you have to make a decision about that, too.

So, getting started, make it 50-50 today, sleep on it, and see how you feel about it tomorrow morning. If you are still unsure, keep changing it, more gold less silver, less gold more silver, until one morning you wake up and say "That's the ratio! I feel good! So screw the stupid Mogambo! I don't need his stinking help anyway! You hear me, Mogambo? Screw you!"

-Mogambo
    ... ... ... ... GREAT, ROF, LMAO
    "One thing is clear: The founding Fathers never intended a nation where citizens pay nearly half of everything they earn to government" - Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Give it up, are you serious it's all about G O L D RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!
    I can just seee Joe six-pack running into Tantalum and Indium...lmao
    Yes, but if you did want to invest there's a wonderful little company called Tantalum & Indium Metal Corp that has an excellent growth profile, several operating mines in stable countries and has a strong buy recommendation from all the top analysts. It's that easy!!

Default Tantalum & Indium Metal Corp

Quote Originally Posted by flags View Post
    Yes, but if you did want to invest there's a wonderful little company called Tantalum & Indium Metal Corp that has an excellent growth profile, several operating mines in stable countries and has a strong buy recommendation from all the top analysts. It's that easy!!
    Thanks for the stock tip Flags..I guess it's all in the..."how and by whom" the message is delivered.....I will check it out, thanks

Hawkeye

Thanks for the stock tip Flags..I guess it's all in the..."how and by whom" the message is delivered.....I will check it out, thanks
    lol! I hope you caught my sarcasm! My point was that even if these metals were heading to the moon, it may not be that easy to find companies with operating mines concentrated on this. Probably at best it's just a byproduct of a gold or silver mine...but who knows. Just didn't want you searching too hard for my phantom company

Quote Originally Posted by flags View Post
    lol! I hope you caught my sarcasm! My point was that even if these metals were heading to the moon, it may not be that easy to find companies with operating mines concentrated on this. Probably at best it's just a byproduct of a gold or silver mine...but who knows. Just didn't want you searching too hard for my phantom company
    lmao you funny guy..I was going to actually look for that sucker out of curiosity..lmao
    My point was how can these metals atract JoeSP when even Gold is having a hard time being heard above the din of cnbc..

Hawkeye

lmao you funny guy..I was going to actually look for that sucker out of curiosity..lmao
    My point was how can these metals atract JoeSP when even Gold is having a hard time being heard above the din of cnbc..
    I agree completely. If they can't buy into gold....

Women especially. I was chatting with some girls the other day on the subway and mentioned investing in gold...and they said, 'What's that?" I don't think women clue in about gold as an investment. Gold is a gift from a boyfriend, or is a ring or something....it's not an investable commodity to them. Guys have a better chance of getting the grasp of this. JMO.

I'm just into precious but, if you research "rare earths" or "rare earth metals" that will give you a start. Lemme know if you find a winner stock!

Gcubed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast