Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Counterfeiting - This will scare you!

Default Counterfeiting - This will scare you!

So annoying that we have this problem with the Chinese. Why would they think this is o.k. to do? Not only coins, but I hear they are making knock-off bolts and nuts? Huge safety issue which could lead to many deaths.

I'm sure this is one of many.

See the full gallery here:
    http://coins.about.com/od/worldcoins...rfeiting-Ring/

I like Chinese people, but I've never owned a physical thing from China that was worth it's weight in dirt.
    Meditate.

To be honest, it's nothing new. It's been known but wow, it just open a whole different can of worms!

Quote Originally Posted by derickonfire View Post
    So annoying that we have this problem with the Chinese. Why would they think this is o.k. to do? Not only coins, but I hear they are making knock-off bolts and nuts? Huge safety issue which could lead to many deaths.

I'm sure this is one of many.

See the full gallery here:
    http://coins.about.com/od/worldcoins...rfeiting-Ring/

I like Chinese people, but I've never owned a physical thing from China that was worth it's weight in dirt.
    if you think counterfeit coins are a big deal, talk to an antique glass or pottery dealer. they have ruined the market.

Quote Originally Posted by robert31057 View Post
    if you think counterfeit coins are a big deal, talk to an antique glass or pottery dealer. they have ruined the market.
    Too true. If you collect depression or carnival glass, you have to really know your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NearerMyGodToThee View Post
    I know this sounds crazy, but I was reading a thread about getting a safe, where to store silver, etc... and someone mentioned leaving a few fakes laying around to throw thieves off. I thought it sounded like a great idea if the fakes were cheap enough. I went online... googled it, bayed it, cgslisted, cannot find ANYONE selling fakes (legit), so I'm assuming it's completely illegal. I figured they do sell fake money that looks semi-real, so maybe they can sell fake ASEs? Nope...

Where do I buy these fakes without getting ripped of...? hahah.

I found the same pictures you posted as well. Interesting articles.
    You've probably already set off a few hundred red flags in the Echelon system with just posting this

But seriously, I don't think you can legally produce an exact copy of any legal currency or anything produced by the US Treasury. Even generic rounds are probably protected by a copyright so you can get in trouble there too.

I know this is nothing 'new' but it is very scary to consider next time you buy 20+ rounds on eBay or from a non-reputable dealer.

It may not be a huge problem now, and many of you may think you can detect them - but give it some time and see what happens.

These fakes are being made by a couple of low-wagers - in one of the pictures it even looks like a little girl! Imagine what they can do if they apply a bit of technology and science.
    Last edited by derickonfire; 05-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    Meditate.

Quote Originally Posted by NearerMyGodToThee View Post
    I know this sounds crazy, but I was reading a thread about getting a safe, where to store silver, etc... and someone mentioned leaving a few fakes laying around to throw thieves off. I thought it sounded like a great idea if the fakes were cheap enough. I went online... googled it, bayed it, cgslisted, cannot find ANYONE selling fakes (legit), so I'm assuming it's completely illegal. I figured they do sell fake money that looks semi-real, so maybe they can sell fake ASEs? Nope...

Where do I buy these fakes without getting ripped of...? hahah.

I found the same pictures you posted as well. Interesting articles.
    Some of those claiming to sell Replicas & Copies on eBay are actually selling counterfeits
    "No Copy Stamp" Counterfeits the Norm On Ebay

As required by Ebay for all replica coin sellers and US Federal Law t (Hobby Protection Act) for US buyers/sellers, replica coin sellers must list and ship their replicas with the required "copy stamp". The majority of Asian replica sellers send out "no copy stamp" counterfeits. A total of *73* replicas were purchased from one such seller who operates under multiple eBay ID's. All 73 replicas, 100%, did not have the required copy stamp. The multiple ID's associated with these purchases are all now NARU.

Use the following link to check out a sampling of replicas ordered vs the counterfeits received"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coinforgeryebay/

http://home.comcast.net/~nss_rba/replicas/replicas.htm
    It was no longer a silver coin, though. Lady Liberty and her crown of spikes were gone. The face he saw on the coin was the indeterminate face of the moon in the summer sky.

Shadow could not decide whether he was looking at a moon the size of a dollar, a foot above his head, or whether he was looking at a moon the size of the Pacific Ocean, many thousands of miles away. Nor whether there was any difference between the two ideas. Perhaps it was all a matter of the way you looked at it

Why are there so many fake 1914 pennies? Why not 1915 or 1912 for instance?

Yes they counterfeit everything in China - eggs, chicken meat, watches and of course, coins and buillons. Even rich Chinese don;t dare to buy luxury goods in China but buy in HK or Singapore instead!

You can buy replica coins from china on ebay. They all say copy on them. However, you might be able to inquire about getting some that don't say copy. Just a guess, but I would bet you could get a few fakes that way.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast