Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: palladium is a steal

Default palladium is a steal

It's gone down more than gold and now it's going up less. Bad technicals, but
    the price is good. Gold is getting *very* expsensive -- this will likely cause Palladium to go up as well eventually. I bought more today.

I have to apologise, everything I've read on Pd and it's abundance does not appeal to me. It is not accepted enough as jewelry it does not have a history as a store of value like the others, or as money and IMO very suseptable to a down economy.
    I don't believe it will fare well in the coming hard times and the train will just have to leave without me. Now if ya wanna talk platinum...wellll now!

If you think the global boom will go for another decade I'll have to eat these words.

Sorry Commoner, it's just my opinion, I could be wrong?
    Last edited by EagleEye; 09-07-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
    I have to apologise, everythink I've read on Pd and it's abundance does not appeal to me. It is not accepted enough as jewelry it does not have a history as a store of value like the others, or as money and IMO very suseptable to a down economy.
    I don't believe it will fare well in the coming hard times and the train will just have to leave without me. Now if ya wanna talk platinum...wellll now!

If you think the global boom will go for another decade I'll have to eat these words.

why should platinum be any different? Pd is less abundant than platinum. Pd is a thin market and that's what makes it so appealing. It's like buying stocks -- the big movers are the ones with the small float. Since Pd has such a small float, it doesn't take much for it to move big.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyMoney View Post
    I had read that platinum was much less abundant than gold, that all the platinum that has ever been mined would fit into a single house or something like that.

Are you now telling me that all the palladium in the world would fit in my ... car??

Are there some numbers regarding rareness that you would like to share?

Thanks.
    I have read that Palladium is more rare than Platinum. I don't have exact numbers for you though. Platinum is more exspensive than Palladium, because it's used more for catalytic converters, but Palladium used to be used more and it was then more exspensive than Platinum. The auto industry switches between the two periodically.

Default Pd is good for jewelry

There is a certain glow with palladium that you do not get with silver in jewelry. I think it will continue to grow in popularity (but slooowly) as it also gains in industrial usage. It will not take much PR to move the price significantly upward on this resource.

plus your palladium jewelry can hold 900 times its own volume of hydrogen.

Well yes I could be wrong… but as I have said else where this is not completely rational on my behalf; I just love Palladium. I have made a bet, and I believe that Palladium will move much further up than gold or silver by spring of 2008 (from this date), but just incase I am wrong I haven’t sold my gold, silver or platinum to buy the Palladium, nor my uranium (I don’t keep that one in the safe deposit box).

FunnyMoney: Yes, all the Palladium that I have could fit in your car – my dream is to fill your glove box tightly – well my glove box.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Default $387

$387 here we come

Default PAL was downgraded Friday

Maybe that is a good omen ?

Default $380

my guess is $380

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast