Thread: ORZCF going nuts

Default ORZCF going nuts

I bought 1800 shares ORZCF Orezone Goldcorp last September @ $1.32. Up 20% today. Now at $5.00.

Default Excellent choice

I 20 or 30K two years ago and rec'd 2K worth of IAG. Plus 3150 of Ozn.

I had to sell this week though.

I am still very excited about W.Africa.

Has anyone researched Merrex, GoldRush, or other jr's in the area?

I have 10K of Merrex and have wondered whether to buy more as they are 50% with IAG at a major project.

Comments?

Bringing back an old thread with some latest results from Orezone Gold.

"November 14, 2023 – Vancouver, BC - Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX: ORE, OTCQX: ORZCF) (“Orezone” or “Company”) reported its operational and financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2023. The consolidated financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis are available at www.orezone.com and on the Company’s profile on SEDAR+ at www.sedarplus.ca. The Company will host a conference call and webcast on November 15, 2023 commencing at 8:00am PST to discuss the Company’s third quarter results. Additional details are provided at the end of this press release.

Patrick Downey, President and CEO, commented, “Our Bomboré mine continues to perform well operationally with third quarter plant throughput reaching a record high of 1.45 million tonnes which is 13% above design. Gold production declined modestly from earlier quarters as lower head grades in Q3 reflects the processing end in Q2 of higher-grade stockpiles accumulated during construction. To improve mining rates which were behind plan, we mobilized a second mining contractor in late July. We are now realizing the benefits in Q4 as mining rates in October reached a new monthly record. With faster ore release and continued strong plant performance, Q4 production is forecasted to be above Q3 which positions us well to meet our previously guided gold production and costs for 2023.

Shortly after quarter-end, we released the results of an independent updated feasibility study for our Phase II Hard Rock expansion for the Bomboré mine. The results demonstrated improved economics and higher gold production from the previous 2019 study including a substantial increase in mineral reserves to 2.4 million gold ounces. A new technical study will be filed later this month which will include an updated mine plan, production profile and cost assumptions, plus new estimates for mineral resources and reserves. We are working diligently with our senior lender, Coris Bank, to increase our senior debt capacity in order to move forward with a production decision on our Phase II expansion in the coming months.”

THIRD QUARTER 2023 HIGHLIGHTS

Operational

Produced 30,726 gold oz
    Sold 29,167 gold oz at an average realized price of $1,910 per oz
    AISC1 of $1,306 per gold oz sold
    Zero lost-time injuries with 1,128,000 personnel hours worked

Financial

Revenue of $55.8 million
    Earnings from mine operations of $13.9 million
    Net income and net income per share (basic) attributable to Orezone shareholders of $5.2 million and $0.01, respectively
    Adjusted earnings1 and adjusted earnings per share1 (basic) attributable to Orezone shareholders of $3.6 million and $0.01, respectively
    Cash flow from operations before changes in non-cash working capital of $16.5 million ($7.0 million after changes in non-cash working capital)
    Free cash flow1 of negative $4.0 million
    Cash of $27.7 million at September 30, 2023"
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

"

November 24, 2023 – Vancouver, BC - Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX: ORE, OTCQX: ORZCF) (“Orezone” or “Company”) announces that, further to its news release dated October 11, 2023, the Company has filed an independent National Instrument 43-101 technical report entitled “Bomboré Phase II Expansion, Definitive Feasibility Study” (the “FS”).

A copy of the FS is available on SEDAR+ and the Company’s website.

The FS was prepared for Orezone by personnel from Lycopodium Mineral Canada Ltd. and other industry consultants, each of whom is a "qualified person" within the meaning of NI 43-101 and considered to be "independent" of the Company under Section 1.5 of NI 43-101.

About Orezone Gold Corporation

Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX: ORE OTCQX: ORZCF) is a Canadian mining company operating the open pit Bomboré Gold Mine in Burkina Faso. 

The Company is mining and processing the Phase I near surface free-dig oxides at a throughput of 5.9 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa). The Company’s planned Phase II Expansion consists of an independent 4.4Mtpa hard rock plant operating alongside the existing oxide plant to deliver a significant increase in annual gold production at a low incremental capital cost. Construction of the new 4.4Mtpa hard rock plant will enable Bomboré to produce an average of 209,000 gold oz/year at a mine-level AISC of $1,121/oz for over 8 years. First gold from the Phase II expansion is scheduled for Q3-2025. Significant exploration potential exists to expand Bomboré’s mineral reserves through future resource conversion and new discoveries from drilling of promising high-priority targets.

Orezone is led by an experienced team focused on social responsibility and sustainability with a proven track record in project construction and operations, financings, capital markets and M&A.  

The technical report entitled Bomboré Phase II Expansion, Definitive Feasibility Study is available on SEDAR+ and the Company’s website.

Contact Information

Patrick Downey
    President and Chief Executive Officer

Vanessa Pickering
    Manager, Investor Relations

Tel: 1 778 945 8977 / Toll Free: 1 888 673 0663
    info@orezone.com / www.orezone.com "

"

January 11, 2024 – Vancouver, BC - Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX: ORE, OTCQX: ORZCF) (“Orezone” or “Company”) is pleased to announce that as part of its ongoing board renewal process, veteran mining industry professional, Sean Harvey, has joined the Company’s Board of Directors.

Mr. Harvey has held multiple senior executive and Board positions over the last 20 years and was most recently the Chair of the Board of Perseus Mining Limited. During his 14-year tenure on the Board and as Chair, he was actively involved in Perseus’s growth strategy, which saw the company grow from a single asset producer in Ghana into a highly profitable mid-tier West African mining company. During this period, Perseus’ market capitalization grew from approximately US$210 million to over US$1.5 billion.

Michael Halvorson, Chair of the Board, commented: “It’s my pleasure to welcome Sean to Orezone’s Board of Directors. Sean’s well-established track record in West Africa and his extensive business and leadership experience will prove invaluable as Orezone continues to expand production at Bomboré and establish a platform for growth in the region.”

Mr. Harvey commented: “I am very pleased to be joining Orezone’s Board of Directors at such a pivotal point in the Company’s growth. With a successful first full year of production, the Company has established a solid platform and is now entering the next stage of growth with plans to increase gold production at Bomboré to over 200,000oz/year. Having worked in West Africa for several years, I am excited about the growth prospects for Orezone as the Company develops into mid-tier gold producer.”

Mr. Harvey is currently Chair of Victoria Gold Corp. and has extensive board and management experience including TVX Gold Inc., Orvana Minerals Corp. and Serabi Gold plc. He has also served as chair of several audit, governance, and special committees. Mr. Harvey holds an MBA in Finance from the University of Toronto and an LLB from the University of Western Ontario, specializing in tax and corporate law. Prior to his tenure as a mining executive, Mr. Harvey spent 10 years in investment and merchant banking, primarily focused on the mining sector.

About Orezone Gold Corporation

Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX: ORE OTCQX: ORZCF) is a Canadian mining company operating the open pit Bomboré Gold Mine in Burkina Faso.

The Company is mining and processing the Phase I near surface free-dig oxides at a throughput of 5.9 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa). The Company’s planned Phase II Expansion consists of an independent 4.4Mtpa hard rock plant operating alongside the existing oxide plant to deliver a significant increase in annual gold production at a low incremental capital cost. Construction of the new 4.4Mtpa hard rock plant will enable Bomboré to produce an average of 209,000 gold oz/year at a mine-level AISC of $1,121/oz for over 8 years. First gold from the Phase II expansion is scheduled for Q3-2025. Significant exploration potential exists to expand Bomboré’s mineral reserves through future resource conversion and new discoveries from drilling of promising high-priority targets.

Orezone is led by an experienced team focused on social responsibility and sustainability with a proven track record in project construction and operations, financings, capital markets and M&A.

The technical report entitled Bomboré Phase II Expansion, Definitive Feasibility Study is available on SEDAR+ and the Company’s website.

Contact Information

Patrick Downey
    President and Chief Executive Officer

Vanessa Pickering
    Manager, Investor Relations

Tel: 1 778 945 8977 / Toll Free: 1 888 673 0663
    info@orezone.com / www.orezone.com "

"January 18, 2024 – Vancouver, BC - Orezone Gold Corporation (TSX: ORE, OTCQX: ORZCF) (the “Company” or “Orezone”) is pleased to announce 2023 gold production results and connection of the Bomboré Mine to the national grid.

Q4 and Full Year 2023 Production Results

Gold production totalled 33,916oz during the fourth quarter, and 141,425oz for the full year 2023, achieving annual guidance of 140,000 to 155,000oz.

Gold sales during the quarter were 33,782oz at an average realized price of US$1,997/oz, resulting in sales of US$67.5M.

For the full year, gold sales totaled 139,696oz at an average realized price of US$1,940/oz, resulting in sales of US$271.0M.

Patrick Downey, President & CEO stated, “With a strong Q4, the Bomboré mine had a successful first full year of operations and achieved guidance, which is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our operating team. Operational performance was matched by a strong safety record, with no lost-time injuries in 2023.”

Bomboré Connection to the National Grid

Mr. Downey continued, “I am also very pleased to report that construction of the Bomboré powerline was completed on-schedule in late December (Photo 1 below). Commissioning and acceptance by the state power provider SONABEL to bring power to site commenced in early January and has now been completed. Process plant energization is in progress and will be completed by January 21, 2024.

The powerline replaces the use of onsite diesel gensets for power, significantly lowering our operating costs and carbon footprint.”

Phase II Expansion

Early works for the Bomboré Phase II expansion commenced in the fourth quarter of 2023. These activities included: ordering of the SAG mill, early-stage engineering, and bulk earthworks (Photo 2 below) on the hard rock mill site.

Discussions with our senior lender, Coris Bank, are ongoing and the Company expects to receive a financing proposal later in the first quarter.