Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed any food price inflation yet?

Default It aint going down

With food and energy Everything has gone up,however houses in Detroit are quite cheap!

Yep - my favorite crackers went from $3.29 to $4.59 is less than a year. 12 oz bag of Dunkin Doghnuts Coffee here is $9. Oh, but food doesn't count. Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Bananas are still 49 cents a pound.
    our (canadian) lowest price here is 67 cents'lb. Our safeway price is 79 cents/lb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79L-Of_xyc&feature=sub

last week, i went shopping

milk, went from 3.5 to 4.00
    cooked readied chicken wings from 10 to 13 $/kg
    fresh juice from 3 to 4 buck
    egg +10%
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 01-17-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Default bananananananas

bananas are also 49 cents/lb here.

Have been for a couple years, usually.

Texas Red Grapefruit are either 3 or 4/$1 right now.
    No way that cheap out of season.

Stock up because on May 11th everything goes up.
    "Without a gold standard in place, there is little to prevent governments indulging in wild credit creation.
    Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth.
    Gold stands in the way of this insidious process.
    Alan Greenspan : 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Venturer View Post
    I find it comical (in a real sick and sadistic way) that they strip out Food and Energy from the 'Core CPI'.
    Food and Energy are the only things that should be measured by the CPI.
    Who gives a flying F*ck if the price of IPads and big screen TVs went down?
    The inflated prices expand the GDP which is then held up as evidence of a recovery.
    TPTB get to paint the picture, we just pay the bills.

Here's an article about grocery chains trying to help out by eating some of the costs. Don't think they
    can keep this up much longer.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Why-su...&asset=&ccode=

Quote Originally Posted by Killionaire View Post
    I haven't really noticed any food inflation yet, except for the price of candy bars and 2 liter bottles of soda. They seem overpriced. Everything else seems about the same.
    You gotta love someone who only notices the increase in CANDY Bars and 2 liter bottles of SODA Must be one of them survivalists
    Readski

Default Smaller sugar packaging....

I work for a large sugar producer (cane sugar) and one of our big customers, Costco, insisted that we stop packaging in 5lb bags and start producing 4lb bags. Walmart and chain grocery stores backed the change and now you pay just as much for 4lbs of sugar as you did last year for 5lbs. Like most other quantity purchases, you're still better off getting the 10 or 25lb packages. A lot of people never noticed the difference and still thinking that they're picking up a five pound bag.

Doc.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men... they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it, and a moral code that glorifies it." Frederic Bastiat, The Law [1850]

"You can always tell when politicians are lying... their lips move." -- Max Headroom

Quote Originally Posted by Hardasset75 View Post
    Look at the amount for the price. Last year bought a particular cracker brand that was 14 oz. Now it is 13 oz. for more FRN's than what I paid a year ago. Look at fluid ounces on pop also. It's all BS.
    Very true, I have seen several articles about how manufacturers are reducing product sizes in an attempt to keep shelf prices the same

Quote Originally Posted by Junk Collector View Post
    Very true, I have seen several articles about how manufacturers are reducing product sizes in an attempt to keep shelf prices the same
    We're at the point about now when a buy 1- get 1 free offer is the same thing as what a regular size was 10-15 years ago, plus a bag of air. Now, you have to buy 2...to get what 1 equaled in the past. That's hidden food price inflation.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast