Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed any food price inflation yet?

Quote Originally Posted by silvernews View Post
    The price of pomegranites went up from 60c per lb to $2 per lb, in the month of January. Thats an increase of over 300%!

However, I think its because its the end of their growing season, and stores are either selling what they have in cold storage or are importing them from South America.
    pmsl and they where in every second yard in oz now $5 each

Yes up by 5%.

Angry Mho

We have not seen anything yet!Hope I'm wrong!A.

are you kidding?

everything.

cheese, eggs, corn products, cereal, tuna, coffee, milk, frozen pizza, shampoo, chips, mayo, ice cream, bacon.... just about everything you can think of has gone up in the last 3 months
    $x8(1 half-dollar, 1 quarter, 1 dime)
    "Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own." Baron Rothschild
    John 15:13 -"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

Quote Originally Posted by fl57caveman View Post
    are you kidding?

everything.

cheese, eggs, corn products, cereal, tuna, coffee, milk, frozen pizza, shampoo, chips, mayo, ice cream, bacon.... just about everything you can think of has gone up in the last 3 months
    Prices are skyrocketing, Orange Juice 8 dollars. Wait until the gas prices kick in .......

Just like the other poster said they disguise it by putting items in smaller packages..lol..

Up, up, and away here on alot of stuff....nearing the danger zone I would say. Too many people on foodstamps and fixed income...and surveys say near 70% live paycheck to paycheck...add 20% real unemplyment and underemployment, and gas heading for $4. It's not looking good.

The dollar has lost 15 cents against the Mexican peso in the last 6 months, including 5 cents since Dec 1. Expect fresh fruits and vegetables to go through the roof, since Sinaloa is THE major source in the western hemisphere, being the fruit basket of the Americas. Mile after mile after mile after mile of farms, volcanic soil, watered by coastal mountains and sea mist. If you are into drugs, this is where they grow most of the narcotics and marijuana imported, and are now into growing coca leaves. Whole areas of the Sierra Madres are now no-go for anything but a military convoy or the occasional lost tourist (who are invariably gently pointed in the right direction by smiling, polite, well dressed young men, since nobody wants to hurt the golden geese. I hear many tales of how courteous the Mexicans are.)

This is what happens when our lovely govt waters down the value of our currency by printing 600 billion new dollars with nothing to back it. But I'm preaching to the choir.

Quality meats, produce, and dairy have all gone up. You can still get the cheap stuff cheap but the wife is beginning to notice the separation. Go check out how much organic milk is compared to generic, etc...

how about them razor blades

Default Inflation Bites!

I find it comical (in a real sick and sadistic way) that they strip out Food and Energy from the 'Core CPI'.
    Food and Energy are the only things that should be measured by the CPI.
    Who gives a flying F*ck if the price of IPads and big screen TVs went down?

Default sad drama

"I find it comical (in a real sick and sadistic way) that they strip out Food and Energy from the 'Core CPI'."

I told my wife that one and disbelief enveloped her.

If you were in congress now and wanted to make a positive name for yourself wouldn't you champion that correction?
    You wouldn't have to be Ron Paul.
    Just intelligent.
    "Without a gold standard in place, there is little to prevent governments indulging in wild credit creation.
    Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth.
    Gold stands in the way of this insidious process.
    Alan Greenspan : 1966

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast