Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe the FED is in a panic because so much silver has flown out of the mint?

Post not a valid sample

Quote Originally Posted by tcg1022 View Post
    Where do you get your information that people are selling? How do you know that your source is valid or correct. I urge you to take a look at a poll I created yesterday that confirms only 1 out of 40 people sold any of their precious metals. This when Au was down $30 (2%+) due to sellers according to our HOST.
    I don't think the members of this forum represent a true cross section of the country or more importantly the big money people who change the market. I'm not going to sell on the way down or sweat much about a price drop. still somebody is doing a lot of selling.

Quote Originally Posted by elephantine View Post
    Since the government buys silver nowadays on the open market--barring any secret stockpile of silver--if silver crashes are they obligated to sell ASE's at a loss? Or will they just melt the rest of their supply down and save it for when it's profitable?
    Since when does the government care about making ends meet?

Quote Originally Posted by elephantine View Post
    Since the government buys silver nowadays on the open market--barring any secret stockpile of silver--if silver crashes are they obligated to sell ASE's at a loss? Or will they just melt the rest of their supply down and save it for when it's profitable?
    I hope they hedge their market exposure and just try to make the seigniorage. although since they are a government bureacracy, I would not be surprised that the seigniorage doesn't provide any profit to them (wasteful, inefficient government bureacracy)

Quote Originally Posted by laredo7mm View Post
    Doubt it.

Taxes aren't due for three months.
    People actually OWE taxes? Yuk. Im waiting for the nice refund to buy a bunch.

... Let us bring him Silver and Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by laredo7mm View Post
    I don't get excited about a 5% off sale at the mall, why would I get excited about a 5% off "sale" on silver?
    At the Mall 20% down is no Sale but in Silver 5% down is Cheaper than 20% up IMHO

Talking 5%

FRNs can go all year in a CD and not make 5%. A sale on money is a sale indeed. 5% is a handsome profit if turned in a few weeks.

The theory, as I recall, was that The Federal Reserve was attempting to supress the price of PM's to make the US$ look stronger and hide inflation.

It was said that this would be accomplished through shorting silver because it is a smaller market and gold will follow.

Sounds legitimate - sort of.

The Federal Reserve has infinite $$$ and could short all day everyday forever. The alleged conspirators are market savvy as well.

But, if this were true wouldn't silver go down on days that gold goes up? Do people measure inflation by PM's anymore? Most people I know don't know what the price of silver is.

A lot of questions - no answers ---

Quote Originally Posted by Daylight Fading View Post
    I bought 200 oz of silver and 2 oz of gold day before yesterday.... I'll take the blame for this drop! never fails.
    ahhh, so you're the one.

IMHO, this correction is just some profit taking after a great run up in 2010. maybe some weak hands are jumping in, too.

now just watching and waiting. quietly backing the truck in, portioning out the dry powder.... heh, heh, heh

Default Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tcg1022 View Post
    Where do you get your information that people are selling? How do you know that your source is valid or correct. I urge you to take a look at a poll I created yesterday that confirms only 1 out of 40 people sold any of their precious metals. This when Au was down $30 (2%+) due to sellers according to our HOST.

I sold quite alot over the past few weeks (including yesterday) and wasn't included in the poll; make it 2 out of 41

Does it still count if I bought $227.45 in 90% last night to start replacing what I sold?

I also bought 61.8dtw scrap 14k.....

Our host & forum are a source but I had to wait to sell at my dealer due to PEOPLE SELLING!!! It has been like that for months!

My other dealer had the 90% & scrap; what does that say for people not selling? I can go and buy from him most days, he sells everything as fast as it comes in.

The only good thing about a big city is you have dealers for both sides of the transaction & can replace at will (most of the time) & grow your stack.

I doubt our host will tell you that!

The dips are just blips on the radar screen. We are in the midst of a multigenerational paradigm shift with people switching out of "abstract" assets like bonds and stocks and into hard assets like metals and other commodities. There just isn't a case right now for the silver bull being over. It does not matter that silver production is increasing right now - of course it is. Silver has been massively undervalued for decades. How much gold is produced per year? About 75 million ounces. How much silver? 750 million ounces. And yet gold is worth 50 times what silver is right now. Demand for silver has begun to grow exponentially and it will continue to do so, which supply cannot possibly do. Once this current consolidation phase is over, which may take weeks or months, the cat is going to be out of the bag. The next run up in silver will be to a new record high above $50. The fed SHOULD be worried
    http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171/KitcoKontests/Trophies/Single%20Trophies/SilverTrophy1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12