Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gov't moves to limit speculative commodity trades

Default nutrition is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
    Time to double down on my, "Buy what you eat. Eat what you buy." Stockpile, before "hoarding" become a crime.
    Obviously you are aware that during the Weimar hyperinflation obesity, or even the appearance that one was eating well was looked upon with distain. Hoarding was a crime. A whore in the family might insure survival. Reality.

Millions starve, and the band played on.

Perhaps ration coupons will again (as in WW2) become the method to sustain the AmeriKan way. Yikes, for a moment there I forgot about the 43+ million on food stamps. Keep pulling sheeple, the Guvment is here to help.

Default see post 9

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
    Time to double down on my, "Buy what you eat. Eat what you buy." Stockpile, before "hoarding" become a crime.
    see post 9

Quote Originally Posted by AR15AU View Post
    Thanks... maybe the mods can merge it with this thread... same topic really

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=74352
    Your right was looking for info and overlooked the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by droopy View Post
    Obviously you are aware that during the Weimar hyperinflation obesity, or even the appearance that one was eating well was looked upon with distain.
    Wow! Very interesting information. I'm 24 and my family thinks that I'm crazy for stocking up on food and what not. I tell them that if this situation were to ever become reality that we would have to act as if we were sick and hungry, in other words, put the acting hat on. Now I gotta worry about not looking skinny enough! Dam!

The language here is idiotic. First off those who buy futures or commodities have ALWAYs speculated. How the hell do you define a speculative trade? It is all speculation.

The fact that you have more invested in speculation some how makes you the bad guy. I dont get it.

They are fretting over commodity price increases and but are missing the fact that they (the govt/berneke/ect) are the ones fueling this speculation. Insane, but I have gotten used to that over the last 3 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Castillb2010 View Post
    Wow! Very interesting information. I'm 24 and my family thinks that I'm crazy for stocking up on food and what not. I tell them that if this situation were to ever become reality that we would have to act as if we were sick and hungry, in other words, put the acting hat on. Now I gotta worry about not looking skinny enough! Dam!
    Just tell them this:

You have insurance on your home in case of a fire, right?
    You have medical insurance in case something bad happens to your health, right?
    You have car insurance in case you get into an accident, right?

It is really stupid not to have food insurance.

Inflation is real and is happening and will get worse. So even if there is not collapse. You are still saving money by buying food in bulk and early vs. every week.

I spend around 700 dollars every 3 months at costco. I save so much doing this and if things got really bad I could eat a 3000 calorie a day diet of healthy foods, chicken breasts, whole grains products, and what not for around 3 - 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by GenRipper View Post
    The language here is idiotic. First off those who buy futures or commodities have ALWAYs speculated. How the hell do you define a speculative trade? It is all speculation.

The fact that you have more invested in speculation some how makes you the bad guy. I dont get it.

They are fretting over commodity price increases and but are missing the fact that they (the govt/berneke/ect) are the ones fueling this speculation. Insane, but I have gotten used to that over the last 3 years....
    Wow, well put. I was wondering when I would read this sentiment in this thread.

The ENTIRE POINT to "bona fide hedging trades" (as the "wise" senators put it) is that they REQUIRE A SPECULATOR on the other end of that hedge!

That's the first gripe with this smokescreen.

The SECOND gripe with this smokescreen is that SPECULATORS are now blamed for rising commodity prices -- oh no! It certainly couldn't POSSIBLY be the COUNTERFEITING of our currency by the billions, can it?

The nth law of "passing the governmental buck" is that it is NEVER government's fault for ANYTHING... ever.

My point exactly! What's laughable to me is that you will find not one thread here complaining about the speculative longs that never take delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by GenRipper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grossomotto View Post
    My point exactly! What's laughable to me is that you will find not one thread here complaining about the speculative longs that never take delivery.

You will if you look.

I made these comments over about 24 hours on the Harvey organ thread after the December comex close.

Quote Originally Posted by AgStacker View Post
    In the outside chance I have not been clear, I don't have anything but respect for Harvey or the fine contributors to this thread.

I am not mad at Harvey for missing the date, that happens. Clerical error. What I am bothered by is the fact that the system isn't any different. Longs bluff and bluster then fold. Shorts cap the paper market, keep it under their thumb and will for the foreseeable future.

Harvey doesn't write well but he clearly means well and works his ass off for the benefit of people he will never meet.

I much appreciate the good work of DayStar and StormDancer who have kept this thread going, it is one of the only truly helpful threads on the board.
    Okay the real issue as I see it isn't the day of the month the trading stopped or that it was a blown call. What I see as important is that during the "big month", the one where "the Asians were going to break comex" that 80% of long contracts did what they always do, fail to stand for silver.

Bottom line, nothing of consequence has changed. You can't trust the paper market to do the right thing no matter what is said by any of the parties involved.

CFTC won't limit positions in any meaningful way, comex won't default. JPM is armpit deep in the machinations of the FED and monetary policy with this administration, the last one and the next one. As such it will be protected at all costs.

I am a silver bull, that isn't changed or even dented but the system is built to protect itself, not to provide fairness.

The real hope of silver breaking loose is the physical market, billions of people demanding a real store of wealth.
    Well stated. I agree, if you are waiting for paper justice an that is a big part of your plan, you are going to need generational patience.

Paper traders are just that. Anyone wanting 5K ozt of silver can buy it directly with a phone call to Hannes at spot today, free shipping. Why bother with all the crap at comex.
    Silver is unstoppable at this point (tm).

Agstacker, the futures markets and speculation creates price discovery. Without it, you have no market. It would be more make believe than it is today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast