Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Interesting Post from the JPM Board on Silver Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521 View Post
    Can you explain to me how age has any bearing on anything? I've read that some of the members on here are in their teens (not me). Yet, they are much more knowledgeable and experienced than 99% of the rest of the people in the world who are older than them.

It sounds like a common problem that "older" people have with taking advice... they hate thinking that they're not automatically smarter than "young" people, simply because they're older.

Just an observation that I've made...
    I don't want to get in a flame war and I'm sincerely sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent and I probably shouldn't have included age, which wasn't the focus of my post. Your point is well taken. The point of my post is that a lot of "experts" turn out to be surprisingly ignorant of what they are talking about; presenting as fact that which is fiction and demonstrably false. There are clearly folks on here talking about conspiracies who have no real world experience or knowledge of the COMEX or how it works. When AboutAg introduces some facts into the conversation, it is something that should be welcome by all and I was thanking him for doing so. I also think it would serve us all better if people were a little more careful about what they present as facts. It is actually pretty easy to read up on things like the COMEX rules that govern futures trades when there's insufficient supply to meet delivery.

The endless conspiracy theories, many of which are chalk full of misunderstandings or outright fabrications, are tiring and are truly a disservice to the folks who are coming here to learn or get suggestions on what to do with their hard-earned money. I wish there were hundreds of AboutAgs willing to give their time to correct falsehoods. We'd all be better off for it.
    Last edited by TheAccumulator; 01-15-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccumulator View Post
    The endless conspiracy theories, many of which are chalk full of misunderstandings or outright fabrications, are tiring and are truly a disservice to the folks who are coming here to learn or get suggestions on what to do with their hard-earned money. I wish there were hundreds of AboutAgs willing to give their time to correct falsehoods. We'd all be better off for it.
    Quoted for truth. Amen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345