Page 3 of 232 FirstFirst 1234567891353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 2316

Thread: Miners Due Diligence Center (MDDC)

  1. #21

    Default

    Ranking list is listed in Google Docs. Looks good! Please check it out.

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...CeUI2ZXc&gid=0

  2. #22

    Default Added Gold Miners with market cap up to $400M

    I have added my ranking list for 47 gold miners with market cap upto $400M. Link provided here as well as the first page for your convenience. As usual, these are not investment grade advice and you are strongly encouraged to DYODD. Recommended for further research includes the management team, the company's financial standing, and the political stability of each of their mines.

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...lE&output=html

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Wong View Post
    I have added my ranking list for 47 gold miners with market cap upto $400M. Link provided here as well as the first page for your convenience. As usual, these are not investment grade advice and you are strongly encouraged to DYODD. Recommended for further research includes the management team, the company's financial standing, and the political stability of each of their mines.

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...lE&output=html
    Great job Will! A very good place for people to start. Glad to hear you add the part about geographic risk. Usually when I run a screen and find some undervalued miners the reason is because they are in some place like Venezuela, Zimbabwae, Congo, Bolivia, places where nationalization is a real risk.

  4. #24

    Default

    So Will, according to your silver miner chart, Revett is the most undervalued smaller silver miner. Should we start a discussion on their pros and cons? Or just go out and buy some?
    Last edited by mrgneiss; 09-23-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Improper syntax

  5. #25

    Smile More research needed before pulling trigger

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgneiss View Post
    So Will, according to your silver miner chart, Revett is the most undervalued smaller silver miner. Should we start a discussion on their pros and cons? Or just go out and buy some?
    I think we do have some time. Most of these miners already had a 30~40% run-up since the July lows. If I remember right, many folks on this board are predicting a low for miners around the second week of October which I tend to agree, especially after the huge run-up in the last month.

    Let's focus our energy on digging out more info on the management team (most critical variable, imo), financial standing, and any associated political/environmental risks. I am looking forward to Bag of Gold's return. She is really good at these. She checked out VG Gold in no time, we bought in and are up 40% so far (about a month)

  6. #26

    Default

    It is interesting that Revett had two really good days, up 5% yesterday and currently up 6%. I don't own any yet...emphasis is on the word yet!

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Wong View Post
    It is interesting that Revett had two really good days, up 5% yesterday and currently up 6%. I don't own any yet...emphasis is on the word yet!
    It still has a long, long way to go. Just some little retail buys today, nothing institutional.

  8. #28

    Default

    Thank you everyone. Based upon the silver spreadhseet, I bought a small tranche of Revett today. Seems like a good prospect for future growth.
    I still don't trust this market, so I'm keeping my portfolio to a small %.

    So, some of the stocks I currently hold (do your own DD) in no particular order.

    Revett
    Rye Patch
    PC Gold
    Spanish Mountain
    Alexco
    Andina
    Bayfield (on fire she is)
    Fortuna
    Exeter
    Int'l Tower Hill
    Dennison
    UCore
    Novus Gold
    Fire River
    SLAM Exploration
    Corvus Gold

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Thank you everyone. Based upon the silver spreadhseet, I bought a small tranche of Revett today. Seems like a good prospect for future growth.
    I still don't trust this market, so I'm keeping my portfolio to a small %.

    So, some of the stocks I currently hold (do your own DD) in no particular order.

    Revett
    Rye Patch
    PC Gold
    Spanish Mountain
    Alexco
    Andina
    Bayfield (on fire she is)
    Fortuna
    Exeter
    Int'l Tower Hill
    Dennison
    UCore
    Novus Gold
    Fire River
    SLAM Exploration
    Corvus Gold
    Some really good stocks in your portfolio. Congrats on Revett. Up 11% today.

  10. #30

    Talking

    Thanks Will.

    I only caught half of the jump today, as I made my purchase.

    Does anyone see any problems with what I have? Some of them are pretty risky, so I keep the quantity to a small allottment. I can sleep at night if they are cut off at the knees.

    What would others buy as their #1 stock that they believe to have the highest appreciation. Something you would buy NOW.

    Factors to consider:
    Indications of some high grade gold/silver in the ground (Bonanza stuff)
    Not overly dilluted shares
    Enough capital to carry them for a while
    drills turning, or ready to turn
    Management with integrity, and experience
    Government-safe locations
    Low silver/gold cost to share ratio
    decent marketing
    High % or reclaiming from the ground
    On sale for no particular reason, or the market hasn't caught on yet
    Did I mention, bonanza grade potential??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •