Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yay!! More silver!

Default Yay!! More silver!

Been a while since I've made a new thread here, so I think it's high time I do. Just got back from a coin shop near my area and got my hands on a 1995 2 oz. Kook and a silver maple, 1994. I probably overpaid a bit with the kook ($50) but I don't care because whoever had it before me managed to tone it beautifully. It's got a pretty much even reddish-orange tint of tarnish that looks absolutely amazing . Too bad the maple I got never aged this good, it's still in mint condish. Just a question though, how rare is this 2 oz. kook?
    -- If you forget that you've forgotten something you needed to remember, you never forgot it--

Default How rare is the 2oz Kook

Depending .... the normal version of the 2oz Kook has a mintage of 300,000 so not rare at all
    I bought one last year at a coin-dealer for $37
    There is however a special version with the privy-mintmark .... these are available ( today ) for $99

Awh really? Too bad, mine doesn't have any privy, but still, I love it nonetheless.
    -- If you forget that you've forgotten something you needed to remember, you never forgot it--

Cool. In my opinion there is no silver coin more beautiful than the Canadian maple leaf. I absolutely love it, so much that I can't turn down when I see them for sale. Last week I picked up four Canada maples in the plastic mint seal, all with the privy mark. Coin shop sold them to me for $20 each.

I like the maples with the frosted backgrounds, proof i guess is the term. I don't really love them so I just keep 'em unsealed and free. I love perth mint coins a whole lot better.

Too bad the maple I got never aged this good, it's still in mint condish.
    Wrap it in a paper napkin from Taco Bell & stick on a sunny window sill. Ck & turn it every couple months. That usually does the toning trick ! ! !

HH
    Always Searching for OBW Rolls ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by halfhunter View Post
    Wrap it in a paper napkin from Taco Bell & stick on a sunny window sill. Ck & turn it every couple months. That usually does the toning trick ! ! !

HH
    Hahahahaha.... I bet you get smelly coins. Is it a napkin after you wiped your hands and mouth from?

Quote Originally Posted by kel2009 View Post
    Hahahahaha.... I bet you get smelly coins. Is it a napkin after you wiped your hands and mouth from?
    No. Actually these brown paper napkins have a high sulphur content. At least that's what I've read on some coin forums.

HH

Ohhh, haha, I thought it was a bash on Taco Bell being a bad place to go :P

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer28 View Post
    Ohhh, haha, I thought it was a bash on Taco Bell being a bad place to go :P
    Crappy place to eat if you have ever had REAL Mexican but they do have really cool napkins ! ! !

HH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast