Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Numastic Eagles

i just went in and picked up a 87 silver eagle the guy brought the whole tray i told him i just wanted a one ounce silver coin that what i came in to buy was just the silver, then he brought out this tray with all silver eagles dating back to 86 then he said the 86 and 96 were gonna be a bit more. and i asked why cause of the num value? he said no just there is a lot less of them i was like ok.

so i picked an 87 but honestly im gonna get the 86 next time ill pay more but what the heck it kinda balances it out for me ill have the silver but maybe the not so many value to it will be a plus

You did the right thing....Nothing special about an 86 ASE.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.” - Yoda

You have to love Lunar Snake Coins.

Default 2008 Reverse 20007 ngc ms70 Silver Eagle

2008 Reverse 20007 ngc ms70 Silver Eagle

Just wanted to post my Silver Eagle for the world to see....

Get up and buy some silver, go to bed and get up and buy some more....
    do this until you have no desire to buy anymore silver......
    at this point you will have realized that you have enough silver

Quote Originally Posted by Gold hoppa View Post
    so i picked an 87 but honestly im gonna get the 86 next time ill pay more but what the heck it kinda balances it out for me ill have the silver but maybe the not so many value to it will be a plus
    AAAAAAA-HAAAAAA!!!!! And now you know why there IS numismatic value. Because you have several other dates but you dont have the 86 and now you are considering paying a little more because you want to complete that year and it's a little harder to find!!!!! A-HAA! A-HAA! Numismatic value!
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. — Thorin Oakenshield

Quote Originally Posted by Twostaff View Post
    AAAAAAA-HAAAAAA!!!!! And now you know why there IS numismatic value. Because you have several other dates but you dont have the 86 and now you are considering paying a little more because you want to complete that year and it's a little harder to find!!!!! A-HAA! A-HAA! Numismatic value!
    waves white flag" you got me im a novice coin collector i thought for sure i would be able to seperate the coin collection from the bullion but i must now must have the 86 ASE as well as the 96 and the rest as well.

The problem with "slabs" they have an odor, just something about them, has bothered me since they were introduced.

For a true collectable, say a U.S rare coin from the 18th or 19th century in excess of 5k or so, sure, if only because it has already been "slabbed" anyway.
    Now you have two problems where before you only had one. If faking a coin is profitable, then faking it inside a fake slab is moreso, and much easier. It's caused a bit of hyperventilation in the coin hobby recently.

The only reason modern bullion coins are issued is to provide a way for people to avoid silly numismatic markups and blue sky to begin with. Slabbing a coin interferes with being able to weigh and measure or inspect a bullion coin if desired and they take up too much room. Gold is hard to counterfeit, but plastic is cheap. All that aside, yeah you can make a nice return buying and selling rarer dates and issues, but isn't the primary reason most people would collect bullion. Proof type eagles have turned out to be a good buy too, etc, but one can't expect them to be preferred if things were to go off the rails, as many here suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown1806 View Post
    2008 Reverse 20007 ngc ms70 Silver Eagle

Just wanted to post my Silver Eagle for the world to see....

Nice Coin ! ! !

HH
    Always Searching for OBW Rolls ! ! !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234