Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167217257261262263264265266267
Results 2,661 to 2,663 of 2663

Thread: sovereigns

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    no kidding? how is the value of legal tender measured or is it basically considered legal tender, however, no one really spends them or pays for goods, services, taxes, etc., with them.
    i am not kidding, the point is that sovs are legal tender and therfore without VAT or other taxes, I think that is the argument one should also invoque in Canada, or other places, it is legal MONEY and in principle there are NOWHERE taxes on legal money.

Other european coins like the French, Belgian goldfrancs and also coins from other european countries have been demonetized, I.E. they are not legal tender anymore. The french 10, 20, 40, 50 and 100 francs were demonetized on 17 february 2005 !!!. In France gold is not subject, even demonetized to VAT , but one day they could levy taxes on it, because these coins are not anymore considered as legal tender but as bullion.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Nice coin at a good price Goldi. Haven't bought any sov's for years now. Have to pay a premium plus 12% tax. None to be had locally or face to face.
    Premium + 12 % tax is a big hurdle, I agree. That's why i do not buy silver here.
    But hej, if i could get some canadian minted sovs of the years i am missing, I would not say no.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    just got my first 2 sovereigns. a 1900 and a 1965. nice coins i may get a couple more sooner than later.
    One of my very first sovs was a 1965 elII. In the years since then have added many others but don't remember seeing another 1965 since that first buy......................