Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one buying Pd?

Default Am I the only one buying Pd?

Hello to all. This is my first post. I guess the biggest question I have is if I'm the only person around here that is actually buying Palladium? I know all the stuff about the Russians manipulating the supply and stuff like that, but as far as a long term investment I think Pd has a lot of upside. I think that in the future (10-25 years) the increased demand for fuel cells will create a major demand for Pd. From my understanding Palladium is only slightly more abundant than Platinum, and we all know how expensive Pt is.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm still young (under 30) and have time, hopefully, for seriously long term investments. Is that why everyone else shies away from Pd?

Don't worry, Pd is not my only investment. Any comments would be appreciated.

Default Fwiw

Palladium is my #2 choice.

I don't have much, though I plan to slowly accumulate more.

Default Hmm

No not really. Lets see I have about 8 lbs gold 8 lbs palladium and 500 lbs silver. Three quaters of my palladium is under 280 US. Im still buying palladium and silver. I was waiting for gold to hit under 600 as that is my personal resistance. I therefore have been buying silver and palladium on these dips. Palladium seems to be on its own, away from gold more than silver. That last correction, palladium held straight . I personally wouldnt buy 1 ounce of gold for 660 US when I can get an ounce of palladium at 360 US.But then again for 400 US i can almost get 300 ounces of silver . Palladium is on its way to 1000 .Once fuel cells become the norm Palladium will really shine. Look at a Rhodium chart and I expect something similar with Palladium . Maybe not 6000 per ounce but i can see Palladium at 2500 easily by 2020 . Seems far but really its only 13 years away . I love palladium as an investment . So NO your not the only one buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuikSilver View Post
    I guess the biggest question I have is if I'm the only person around here that is actually buying Palladium?
    Take that Pamp bar or Maple out of the plastic and put it in you hand -- other than all the industral reason to own it, feel it. It does not tarnish and it feels good.

You are not alone. View some of my other posts and give me some feedback if you would like to stimulate a dialogue.

I feel much better now. I guess the smaller Pd forum reflects the much smaller market.

That's a nice pile of shiny metal you've acquired. I hope I can get there in a couple of years.

Thanks for the input.

Commoner, I thought about taking the Maples out of the plastic, But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Do you have any thoughts on the idea that the Russians heavily manipulate the supply of Pd.? To me, it seems that if they were severly manipulatiing the suppy we would see much more volitility, with there being perceived shortages all the time, not just the one time in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by QuikSilver View Post
    Commoner, I thought about taking the Maples out of the plastic, But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Do you have any thoughts on the idea that the Russians heavily manipulate the supply of Pd.? To me, it seems that if they were severly manipulatiing the suppy we would see much more volitility, with there being perceived shortages all the time, not just the one time in 2000.
    Yes, I believe that the Russians have control over Palladium. People were burned by the Russians a while back and do not forget too easily. Real demand will have to build for Palladium, and a wise manipulator will keep the price low enough to draw the market in. This will take time. The first manipulation of the market was a maturing step for Russia, they blew. But like Russian oil, they are coming into their own.

How can you resist at least taking one out of the plastic?

Pd seems to be a tough metal to trade. With kitco's pool account the spread is enormous.... costs over spot when purchasing seem relatively high as well.

Even as a jeweler I take a hit when I get stuff made in palladium because the people who cast for me claim their expenses to buy over spot are much higher and they buy less often vs gold/pt and so that they charge an extra premium for extra market fluctuations they may encounter when it comes time to buy back.

But it hasn't deterred me, I buy pamp bars for investment and PD950 alloy for my white metal jewelry stock over platinum 9 times out of 10.

Almost 2/3'rds of my bullion is now palladium bars, the rest gold and a little silver, I don't invest in platinum anymore.

Default Palladium

What are your reasons for buying PMs. Therefore what you purchase should determine what metal you like. If you want to store wealth get gold . Tried and true this has with held threw the ages. It is also very small compared to silver so transporting and storing is much easier. If you want to buy and hold get Palladium for the long term . Fuel cells and jewelery will have to be more abundant to draw enough demand. If you wanna run with the rebels get some silver . I see it as having the most dramatic price increase of them all . I hope anyways. And platinum if you can afford to buy, then all means get it. But i wouldnt go out of my way to hold platinum as I see palladium as much better value . At this time I find palladium undervalued. It can absorb hydrogen threw molecular absorbtion of some sort. Silver is fair price right now, gold is a bit high for me, palladium nice price range ,platinum outta my price range. At anytime you hold metal you know there is labour , energy, resource ,exloration and drilling , as well as management ,director and minting costs involved. That is all lot of stuff to get organised for that little coin and that is why its really worth something . Buy till you die

Pd seems to be a tough metal to trade. With kitco's pool account the spread is enormous.... costs over spot when purchasing seem relatively high as well.
    In the future when (if) Pd. goes to 1-2K per Oz. I really don't care about paying a whole 22 bucks over spot. I'm not trying to make a quick buck here. On the APMEX site Palladium pamp bars are only 13.00 over the ask and Maples are 22.00 over. A gold Maple is still 13.95 over spot if you buy 20 or more. Not a major difference if you ask me.

Nutflush, I suppose my reasons for buying PM's are the same as everyone else. To store wealth/long term investment. I don't have a wife or kids, but if I ever do it would be nice to leave them something other than a pile of bills. Oh, and "buy till you die"? Isn't that the American way? I sure plan on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast