Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palladium ready to move?

Default Palladium ready to move?

Take a look at a 1 yr chart of PA [nrst ctr], & PAL [1 yr & 10day x 15 min charts]. Combine that with my bullish outlook on gold, silver, & platinum, & it looks like palladium & PAL may be ready to move here. Need follow thru on the above 2 charts tommorrow [or thurs] to confirm. I sure liked today's action in both the metal & the stock.
    Last edited by JER01; 02-13-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added 10 day chart for PAL

Default good move today, but was hoping for more

Pd and Pt not as convincing on the run up as Au and Ag. Tomorrow's followup (or lack thereof) should help tell which metal was over or underreacting... go Pd!

Default Time for PAL

PAL looks like such a good opportunity today that I just had to load up. Since I bought PAL last year (May) I consider the current price a great deal; today I got three shares for what I paid for two last year. I think it is time for Palladium. I have gone out on the edge for this one -- I sold all my gold shares and put all the proceeds into PAL. I feel like the guy in the movie where he rides the atomic bomb down, its going to be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Commoner View Post
    PAL looks like such a good opportunity today that I just had to load up. Since I bought PAL last year (May) I consider the current price a great deal; today I got three shares for what I paid for two last year. I think it is time for Palladium. I have gone out on the edge for this one -- I sold all my gold shares and put all the proceeds into PAL. I feel like the guy in the movie where he rides the atomic bomb down, its going to be exciting.
    Yeah, after today's follow thru in PA, I think we can take the "?" off my original title. PA looks like its on its way with the rest of the PM's. Took a little longer than the rest to get going. My charts show more upside for PA & SI, than for GC & PL. I think it may surprise some people.

PAL has been a little disappointing here. Not sure what it is waiting for. But if it's management doesn't screw up the mining operations, & PA keeps moving, it has big upside potential. I bot some -- the day before my original post, as I recall. I think it will do fine, but it needs to get going soon, or I will start to doubt whether it can make a really big move. Looks like it is really ready here though.

Palladium and PAL are going up nicely today, but what is with SWC? SWC made a move yesterday, but at worst I would have thought that it would hold flat, not be down almost 5% as it is at the moment. Is SWC a good buy right now, an opertunity staring me in the face? Oh well everything went into PAL yesterday....

SWC reported eps of +.03 vs -.03 last yr. However this missed the est of +.05. Rev's were up 31%.

Both SWC & PAL have disappointed many times in the past. Dont think either one of them has very good management. If I remember correctly, SWC is primarily platinum, small amt of palladium. PAL is primarily palladium.

I don't see any real damage to swc's chart here; hard to tell how big & how long the down move will be after a disappointment. But this may be a good buying opportunity - if not here, not too far from here.

Nice move in PAL today, I bot some more this afternoon. PAL has had a lot of problems with their mining operations in the past. With good management, most of their problems probably wouldn't have happened, or would have been handled batter. If their management can get their act together, this may be a good one. But, who knows if they are doing a better job -- I sure hope so.

Default Palladium Bullion

The wife asked me to go to the bank and get a palladium pamp bar out of the safe deposit box last week, because I was hyping palladium so much. When she examined it she informed me that she wanted to ware it. It took some modification of a bezel for silver pamp bars but I got it to work. She likes it a lot more that other things she has, and here is the good news I said I would have to replace it -- I ordered 25 ounces today, not a peep.

I have had palladium madness now for quite a few years, I just don't know what it is about palladium, but if it ever takes off I am going to be one happy camper.

Got the twentyfive ounces yesterday, it made me feel better about his week, glad to see palladium did not take the hit like the other PMs

Default I believe it's gonna go up

The reason it didn't take a hit is that automakers are starting to sub Pd for plat again because plat keeps going over 1200/oz. It becomes cost effective to substitute Pd for Pt in cats when the price of pt is more than 3x that of pd. When they start phasing in hydrogen fuel cells then the price will skyrocket for Pd and Ag, while Pt will go into hyperspace. (think RHODIUM) Expect Pd to go to 400 or even more in the near future

how inportant is this pall. and why people don't talk much about it;
    as a kid i played d&d and pall was top, is this a quiet mover?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast