Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home insurance for gold?

"One of our friends buried his pm's under a layer of sand in his fish tank. Nobody would think of there to inspect"

Have you thought about the potential use of metal detectors and all the new fangled "see through the wall" technologies?

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    "One of our friends buried his pm's under a layer of sand in his fish tank. Nobody would think of there to inspect"

Have you thought about the potential use of metal detectors and all the new fangled "see through the wall" technologies?
    grasshopper; You sound much to nervous to own PM's. You will likely wear a path pacing through your house mumbling all your fears, develop life threating insomnia, and die of a stroke !

Better for you to buy some farm land and grow soybeans.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

"Just put it in a schd 40 PVC capped tube and bury it. no better insurance than that, no outside knowledge that you even have any, and no premium.

Ag guy"

Id say this is the best idea yet

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    "Just put it in a schd 40 PVC capped tube and bury it. no better insurance than that, no outside knowledge that you even have any, and no premium.

Ag guy"

Id say this is the best idea yet
    are there any material that can block out metal detection (or least mute it somewhat) from metal detectors?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    are there any material that can block out metal detection (or least mute it somewhat) from metal detectors?
    i just read that stainless steel will not be easily detected. maybe put stainless steel sheet over your pvc pipe and cover the stainless steel with drainfield rock and then the dirt on top/ i would put a thick mil sheet of plastic over the rock before the top soil.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 11-30-2023 at 08:42 PM.

If you want a really good idea for hiding items in your house, get a old work remodel electrical box and find a place you would like an electrical outlet. You want a working outlet so the fact it does not work doesn't give it away. A remodel box has tabs that hold the box in place against the drywall and can be turned back to pull the box from the wall. The cavity in the wall between the drywall and the 2x4 studs is fairly significant and can hold a fair amount of valuables, and, correctly placed, difficult to locate.

The drawback is the hidey spot is good enough that heirs will be unlikely to find it when the inevitable end eventually comes... Hiding stuff so it can't be easily found is quite easy. The part where you want others to find it when you can't point it out to them is the hard part.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i just read that stainless steel will not be easily detected. maybe put stainless steel sheet over your pvc pipe and cover the stainless steel with drainfield rock and then the dirt on top/ i would put a thick mil sheet of plastic over the rock before the top soil.
    You could bury it 2 ft down and put an old rusty rail road spike over it just 6 inches deep. Also get a rod and drive a large nail about a foot down in 200 other places in the yard if you feel the need (that should keep em busy). But really If no one knows you have pm's why are they walking back and forth across your yard with a metal detector. I might go out and ask them WTF their doing LOL. the point is, that ransacking your house won't yield any thing. PLUS...a dude going back and forth across my yard without permission all day ( ignoring the no trespassing sign) is kinda like those ducks at the shooting range that go ding when you hit em. If you use your brain, It's a pretty failsafe system.

Ag guy
    Last edited by Ag guy; 11-30-2023 at 10:42 PM.
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Someone could pull off a baseboard cut a hole in the sheetrock above the bottom plate and below the top of the baseboard. If the studs are 16 on center there is 14 1/2 inches between the studs. Enough room to get ones mits in there with a 4-6 inch base board preferably behind a bathroom lav with copper plumbing pipe. is possible to slide whole tubes inside. Then put the baseboard back and caulk it. I never considered homeowners insurance for gold might as well just put it in a safety deposit box at the bank but would prefer to keep it off any paper trail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12