Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what we haven't had in a while?

Remember Some Math Guy on this forum some years ago?

"Remember Some Math Guy on this forum some years ago?" - Atlas Mike

I remember him. Used to post pretty regularly. Seemed to have disappeared quite abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    That is when the wheels come off
    the wheels are not coming off !!! A lot of ETFs are settled in fiat only, so if you want, - after having inned yr gain in fiat - buy the gold for that amount, most probably you won't be able to get the full amount of gold for that money, due to the fact the physical price most probably will be higher due to the premium and eventual taxes.

Golditiki2+++

SILJ and GDXJ will be reshuffling stock holding either in December or early 2024 to "match" the changing market value of the mining sector companies. This can have either a plus or a minus effect on those companies that are shuffled in the mix. So a future bump in these ETF's may also only reflect this "adjustment". This along with some M&A plays picking up as big companies decide it's time to gobble up cheap as chips junior mining companies sitting on large ore in the ground, but no cash to develop into mines, begins to happen. Also, lot of the general stock market retail traders are not in stocks in the mining sector, but will be coming in because of FOMO as this sector responds to POS/POG going to new highs. The whole mining sector, in general, has tiny market value and Apple or Amazon alone dwarf the whole market value of this sector. I'm hoping for $2,150 POG in the next few months and can't wait for the rising tide to finally happen. Our Kitco member Ag guy might be finally be as rich as Elon!
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    It would just seem at some point, someone would say, "okay, sell me this amount of gold at that price." And be turned down.
    My first response to this was - that's when the wheels come off.

Then I thought about it some more, & the date August 13, 1971 came to mind. That was when Nixon closed the gold window. ...yet the dollar did not die right then & there.

Since then, gold has gone from $35/ozt to roughly $2k. It's been a little over 50 years.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Default "Remember Some Math Guy on this forum some years ago?"

"Remember Some Math Guy on this forum some years ago?"

Oh I remember him well. I took some jabs from him over my bullish stance on the "massively overvalued" stock market, when the DOW was at 14K. At that time his mathematical calculations showed silver would be at $75/toz within a couple of years. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. Well as you can guess, he got unmasked, but at least he told us he would be quietly leaving the forum. I wonder what he's doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by BodieGhost View Post
    "Remember Some Math Guy on this forum some years ago?"

Oh I remember him well. I took some jabs from him over my bullish stance on the "massively overvalued" stock market, when the DOW was at 14K. At that time his mathematical calculations showed silver would be at $75/toz within a couple of years. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. Well as you can guess, he got unmasked, but at least he told us he would be quietly leaving the forum. I wonder what he's doing now.
    I think he's out there somewhere.....doing math.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

The title of this thread is "you know what we haven't had in a while?"

Well, you know what we haven't had in a while? Truth, Justice, & the American Way.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Well, you know what we haven't had in a while? Truth, Justice, & the American Way.
    YEAH...!...I miss black and white TV SUPERMAN....more powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound,...What's that ?? up in the air?? It's a bird, It's a plane, IT'S SUPERMAN !!!!!....................He's fighting for truth justice and the American way...! YES, We need superman to smash through the halls of so=called justice.
    VOTE TRUMP...!!! We don't have black and white any more so, orange will have to do.

Ag guy
    Last edited by Ag guy; 12-09-2023 at 10:01 AM.
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Honestly that has always been an illusion, something to aspire to but it has never been achieved. Look at any point in American history and you can soon find out the lies and injustices that plagued it.

The worse is the hypocrisy of the US claiming to promote said pipe dream to the rest of the world. Here's how the US government really felt about it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nati...Memorandum_200
    Last edited by DBCooper; 12-10-2023 at 01:43 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast