Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Gold fractionals...pros & cons

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    It is rude to link to an aricle you think worthy of our attention, which can only be read if you pay a money ransom. (Cannot read it unless you prepay money)

I"m not sure if you are referring to this link or not: https://internationalbanker.com/finance/the-future-of-cash-exploring-the-vital-role-of-physical-currency-in-driving-financial-inclusion-flexibility-and-choice/

I was never asked to pay anything, no matter if I access the link from desktop or phone, so maybe there is some virus on your computer or browser issue? Anyone else been asked to "prepay money"?
    i just opened it easily enough. a pop up for registration immediately hit the screen but i closed it out and can read this whole story...THE FUTURE OF CASH: EXPLORING THE VITAL ROLE OF PHYSICAL CURRENCY IN DRIVING FINANCIAL INCLUSION, FLEXIBILITY AND CHOICE
    December 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    It is rude to link to an aricle you think worthy of our attention, which can only be read if you pay a money ransom. (Cannot read it unless you prepay money)

I"m not sure if you are referring to this link or not: https://internationalbanker.com/finance/the-future-of-cash-exploring-the-vital-role-of-physical-currency-in-driving-financial-inclusion-flexibility-and-choice/

I was never asked to pay anything, no matter if I access the link from desktop or phone, so maybe there is some virus on your computer or browser issue? Anyone else been asked to "prepay money"?
    I was asked to subscribe, but was allowed to click that popup away and read the article.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Yes, Sirs. I too, was able to just click the solicitation away. Funny thing is that I was just skimming an article that said in America, more than half of all 1824-year-olds (Generation Z) were living with their parents. Perhaps that's why they're able to "save "money? Apparently, it's an effort to save money so that they can move out on their own. Problem is, it's taking longer than expected.

Although my kids have left the nest, we that live in the Western Hemisphere can take a lesson from those that live in the East. Several generations share the house, share costs and expenses and share life's chores in general. The sons and daughters take care of the parents and they in return take care of the grandkids. This lifestyle is not what we westerners chose, we are living the more independent lifestyle. Independence comes at a great cost.

I know several Asian and East Indian families and can tell you that they are truly wealthy, end up owning several homes over time and renting them out. They also own many ounces of precious metals, pay cash for cars and no debt.

Now homes are so expensive that the kids can no longer afford them independently as their rental costs is money down the drain and they have trouble saving for the huge down payments now required to even qualify for a mortgage. I think we can all take a lesson from other cultures.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Although my kids have left the nest, we that live in the Western Hemisphere can take a lesson from those that live in the East. Several generations share the house, share costs and expenses and share life's chores in general. The sons and daughters take care of the parents and they in return take care of the grandkids. This lifestyle is not what we westerners chose, we are living the more independent lifestyle. Independence comes at a great cost.

I know several Asian and East Indian families and can tell you that they are truly wealthy, end up owning several homes over time and renting them out. They also own many ounces of precious metals, pay cash for cars and no debt.

Now homes are so expensive that the kids can no longer afford them independently as their rental costs is money down the drain and they have trouble saving for the huge down payments now required to even qualify for a mortgage. I think we can all take a lesson from other cultures.
    i think each culture has their own advantages and baggage. Asian and east indian groups do like to emigrate to western countries. Therefore they know lifestyle is better in the west. They are use to a harder life so coming here life is easy just doing the old ways. As lifestyle get more complex, couples tend to have less kids in passing generation. Elon Musk had said he worry more on declining populaton than populaton explosion.

Wow...nice move up today.

I'm torn tho'. I still want to accumulate more of these 1/4'er ounce coins...but not at these prices. I'll wait it out and just take advantage of the next big dip. Glad I bought the 5 earlier this year.

Canadian dollar dropped the past week and that makes gold even more expensive. Kind of like a double whammy for us Canucks.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910