Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worth reading imo.

Default worth reading imo.

I'm interested in others thoughts about this.

past investment opportunities https://swpcapital.com/current-opportunities/

current opportunity, just received in email this morning, below: basically there is $247k worth of gold stored that is collateral for a $150k loan @ 7% interest. The interest is paid to you up front.

What are your thoughts?

18 October 2023
    PMBSN Opportunity Available!

Dear Investor,

SWP Capital is pleased to announce another opportunity to earn fixed income by investing in a Precious
    Metals Backed Securitized Note (PMBSN). We currently have an approved Borrower seeking a loan
    and SWP Capital is offering select Investors the following terms for the securitized note on a first-come
    first-served basis:

PMBSN #10026
    PMBSN Value: US$150,000
    Date Funds Needed: 27 October 2023
    Term: 365 days
    Interest Rate: 7.0% p.a. fixed with interest paid upfront
    Collateral: US$247,259.24 in verified and insured physical gold bullion stored with
    SWP Cayman.

Description Market Value
    as at 17 October 2023

1 Kilo Gold Bar Scottsdale SN: 202410 $61,811.59
    1 Kilo Gold Bar Scottsdale SN: 202420 $61,811.59
    1 Kilo Gold Bar Scottsdale SN: 202421 $61,811.59
    1 Kilo Gold Bar Scottsdale SN: 202422 $61,811.59
    TOTAL MARKET VALUE $247,259.24

Loan to Value/Initial Margin 61%/164% (maximum 75% LTV/minimum 120% margin cover)

All PMBSNs are matched dollar for dollar and term for term to individual Borrowers, and collateral
    security, representing identifiable, verified, insured, and segregated physical gold and/or silver bullion
    is held by SWP Cayman as Custodians on behalf of the Investor. Investors receive a monthly statement
    from SWP confirming metals held and their month end value.

To avoid disappointment, please communicate your interest in the above investment opportunity at
    your earliest convenience.

Bruce John
    Managing Director
    SWP Capital (Cayman) Ltd.

avoid disappointment and future regret
    A red flag if I ever saw one.
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

If they are offering that kind of a deal, just to "store" your allocated gold, you are a rube. The only reason they want your physical gold is so they can fractional reserve it out to how many new "owners" who will end up with first dibs on your stack when things go south.

I am getting close to that rate in a CD at this point 4.25%... FDIC and able to cash out at any time.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

They want you to front up $247k in bullion, so that you can collect 7% on a $150k loan that they make to someone who is "approved" by them?

A move like that would require confidence in the counter party.

Every opportunity involves a risk of some sort. Here, you would seem to acquire a counter party risk in exchange for a promised premium payment.

The name Hannes Tulving Jr. comes to mind. His story provides a certain perspective of the kinds of things that can happen in rare cases.

For me, an opportunity in those islands would require a lot of research, as I am not familiar with the legal systems there and I do not know what protections investors might enjoy. For those who know the ins & outs of that little corner of paradise, it may be more of a tasty pie from which to take a bite.

That opportunity would not be a good fit for me. Your mileage may vary.

DYODD
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 10-18-2023 at 09:13 PM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Kudos for them for using proper English grammar on their scam. I imagine that with chatGPT poorly written scams are going to be a quaint thing of the past like rotary dial phones.

I get the skepticism. To clear one point up... the borrower wanting the loan has the gold stored at SWP, a commercial private vault with locations in the US and other countries https://swpcayman.com/ The gold held in the SWP vault is collateral on the loan. SWP was pitched by Casey but I don't hold that against them. I don't think Casey is crooked but he is simply a marketer selling information. SWP Capital is a sister company of SWP

Suppose that your doubt was satisfied anyone have any other thoughts?

(FWIW they are not a scam. You can check them out, call them, contact them with email, whatsapp. I've asked them a lot of questions both about storing metal (my first interest) and then about there loan investments that come up from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I am getting close to that rate in a CD at this point 4.25%... FDIC and able to cash out at any time.
    Thanks Todd, that is one of my thoughts as well... I think Treasury something or others are like 5.3% ? In that area IIRC.

The way they are able to pay you interest is by loaning out your physical gold to someone else at a higher rate. The only way they can make any money is to find as many others to lend your gold to. (Fractional reserve lending) Due to human condition, there is no way they will not "loan" more than they have, getting other borrowers to sign on by showing pretty pictures of their (your) stack.

Why would you think this is a good idea?

Mr Ponzi would like you to give him a call, he's got a great investment for you.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    The way they are able to pay you interest is by loaning out your physical gold to someone else at a higher rate. The only way they can make any money is to find as many others to lend your gold to. (Fractional reserve lending) Due to human condition, there is no way they will not "loan" more than they have, getting other borrowers to sign on by showing pretty pictures of their (your) stack...
    shades, with all due respect, this is 100% incorrect. I know you are a smart guy so I can only guess that you haven't actually read much of what I wrote or done even the most basic due diligence. I am actually a little surprised by that.

Regarding 'what I wrote': My writing is often unclear. Anyone here took the time to read what I wrote? And if so please advise if it is so unclear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast