Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco selling pamp gold bars

Default Costco selling pamp gold bars

"That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

I'm a member at Costco, and I looked up the cost, it is : [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]1,979.99

[/COLOR]That's not that good of a deal. I just bought today, with the spot dip to $1860 a Argo-Haraeus 1 gold bar for $1902. Even less if you buy more.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Just went looking online and don't see any gold for sale that isn't jewelry...are you sure this isn't a spoof?
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Not a spoof, see: https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-bar...000186760.html

However as I rote above, it's not a good deal.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Not a spoof, see: https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-bar...000186760.html

However as I rote above, it's not a good deal.
    I cant get this gold for sale....it gives me an error...id like to see the price myself.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I went back to get a screen shot of the price, however now it notes "Out of Stock" and then quickly changes to another page "Product Not Available, so it looks like given today drop in price, what they had quickly sold out. Here in the SF Bay Area, there are a lot of people from China and India who are more aware of the value and price of gold, so it went quick.

This tells us all if gold is marketed well, such as through Costco who people trust, it can quickly gain greater popularity as a means of holding wealth.

Very happy to see this development. As far as I know there are a lot of every day people included in their customers.

Seem the general public aren't good shoppers of PM and buying it out of convenience over other factors.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 09-29-2023 at 02:54 PM.

They do sell them, the Pamp bars and other bars for even a little less. I see them on their site. It's a new item for them. I had 2 customers today who are regular buyers show me their invoice. $1888 for Pamp. $1879 for the others. One person was charged sales tax, the other wasn't. The price, terms, and even the offering appear to be spotty, as per posts here. You can pay them anonomously in cash, or use some credit cards. Costco can afford to take a little loss, they can always raise the price to normal after they've caused some LCS's to go out of business.

well you know that walmart.com has been selling gold and silver in many types through apmex links and i have gotten a few at good pricing and then getting the 5% online capital one walmart c c rebate as well. got to watch out for the tax issuance though.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast