Thread: TD AmTrade becoming Schwab - might need a new brocker

Default TD AmTrade becoming Schwab - might need a new brocker

I have about 30 days before TD Ameritrade becomes Schwab and I've reading about how unhappy other TD account holders are with Schwab. So I'm looking for suggestions for a new broker. I need to be able to trade OTC snd foreign shares (Canada mostly) plus options. Fees plus good/bad experiences or other issues that you have had with the suggestions.

Thanks!
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

What were the complaints about Schwab?

Kiplinger's Personal Finance recently compared several of the major online brokers. Fidelity came out on top. I've used them for over a year. No complaints from me.

TD had a much better setup. Schwab is lame.

That's what I'm afraid I'm facing if I stay with Schwab for my junior mining stocks trading account. I guess I could look into opening a second Merrill Lynch account, one that allows trading in OTC, penny stocks and other exchanges. If they offer such a thing. Something I'm looking into also.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Any reason not to go with etrade?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I have about 30 days before TD Ameritrade becomes Schwab and I've reading about how unhappy other TD account holders are with Schwab. So I'm looking for suggestions for a new broker. I need to be able to trade OTC snd foreign shares (Canada mostly) plus options. Fees plus good/bad experiences or other issues that you have had with the suggestions.

Thanks!
    I'm not happy with being forced to CS...I like TD a lot...I think I'm going to sell what I have and just close it as stocks really suck anyway and they all likely going much lower and I was never one to short.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I closed all positions I had at TD a while ago my account was moved a month or so ago. I've been thinking of looking at getting back into commodities but the switch to schwab makes me reconsider.

I have been with TD for a very long time. ( called TD Direct now)
    They have been great to deal with and am glad there is no change here in Canada.