Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver is the most undervalued asset in...

The real generational opportunity was bitcoin at $300. That train has left the station.

That aside, I do believe that silver should still have upside left in it. I am just not expecting it to be a 10 bagger in the near future.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    The real generational opportunity was bitcoin at $300. That train has left the station.

That aside, I do believe that silver should still have upside left in it. I am just not expecting it to be a 10 bagger in the near future.
    I believe that Bitcoin was 8 cents a coin at one point early on.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

I love articles like that and ones by other notable persons. It really lets my imagination run wild.

But if anyone wanted to know where I actually stand on silver I have very very little compared to other assets or other PMs and I just sold a property down here the proceeds of which are looking for a new home. If I bought into the narrative of silver to the moon that money would have a home.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Hi is the 7 to 1 ratio old news? Fake news?

7-1 silver-gold ratio. It is the first I have heard of that but admittedly I do not stay on top of these things at all
    The silver to gold price ratio has been in the range of 40 to 1 and 100 to 1 for many years. The ratio of 7 to one was (is?) perhaps how much silver ore exists and can be mined, compared to gold ore, but has little to nothing to do with selling ratio. Sixteen to one was the price ratio used by the USA at one point. I doubt that the ratio (7/1) is real based upon the size of silver discoveries this century. Don't forget at one time in the past (ancient Egypt) silver and gold had equal value. Ratios change and are whatever you want to make of them, IMHO. I just wish to see the silver to gold price ratio hit 16 to 1 once more since I have a crap load of silver I'd like to exchange for gold.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

No! It is aluminum, at one point the most precious metal! The table of King Napoleon the third was fitted with aluminum dining ware, gold for the next lords, and finally base silver for the rest.

Then they figured out how to make it cheaper... Just like they began extracting silver by the truckload as a bycatch of copper, a very useful metal that they will continue to mine (and keep pulling silver out whether it is needed or not).

And need is the key word there, not some nonsensical natural ratio. If natural ratios had anything to do with it platinum would be 30 times more valuable than gold. I guess there is an even fatter finger keeping that one down for reasons some metal pusher will be happy to hallucinate about.

Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    No! It is aluminum, at one point the most precious metal! The table of King Napoleon the third was fitted with aluminum dining ware, gold for the next lords, and finally base silver for the rest.

Then they figured out how to make it cheaper... Just like they began extracting silver by the truckload as a bycatch of copper, a very useful metal that they will continue to mine (and keep pulling silver out whether it is needed or not).

And need is the key word there, not some nonsensical natural ratio. If natural ratios had anything to do with it platinum would be 30 times more valuable than gold. I guess there is an even fatter finger keeping that one down for reasons some metal pusher will be happy to hallucinate about.
    If I pressed my thumb print into a hunk of porcelain clay , glazed and fired it, there would only be one like it in the world.......What would that be worth???

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    The silver to gold price ratio has been in the range of 40 to 1 and 100 to 1 for many years. The ratio of 7 to one was (is?) perhaps how much silver ore exists and can be mined, compared to gold ore, but has little to nothing to do with selling ratio. Sixteen to one was the price ratio used by the USA at one point. I doubt that the ratio (7/1) is real based upon the size of silver discoveries this century. Don't forget at one time in the past (ancient Egypt) silver and gold had equal value. Ratios change and are whatever you want to make of them, IMHO. I just wish to see the silver to gold price ratio hit 16 to 1 once more since I have a crap load of silver I'd like to exchange for gold.
    yes, brother, right on... but i dont think i can have the fortitude to hold the silver much past 40/1. i think i would sell a geat deal of it at that ratio and hold onto a bit just in case it goes down to 35, or 30 to 1. i think i would be all out of silver at 25 to one. i would even sell my vintage/antique sterling goblets, plates, silverware sets. all silver jewelry would be gone at those low ratios as well. what a gambling game of wits, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Hi is the 7 to 1 ratio old news? Fake news?

7-1 silver-gold ratio. It is the first I have heard of that but admittedly I do not stay on top of these things at all
    yes and no.
    it's closer to 10:1

https://usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    The silver ore to gold ore ratio varies all over the place, 7to1, 10 to 1 or as SD Bullion says mined silver to gold is in a ratio of 8 to 1: https://sdbullion.com/blog/how-much-...-gold-is-there

I guess the key thing is that the amount of silver produced compared to gold ore has little to do with the price ratio between the two metals.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    The silver ore to gold ore ratio varies all over the place, 7to1, 10 to 1 or as SD Bullion says mined silver to gold is in a ratio of 8 to 1: https://sdbullion.com/blog/how-much-...-gold-is-there

I guess the key thing is that the amount of silver produced compared to gold ore has little to do with the price ratio between the two metals.
    another example is platinum, 18x less produced but cost less than gold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast