Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Liberty Gold Coins

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    11,762

    Default Liberty Gold Coins

    Did anyone buy the 1 oz. gold 2023 LIBERTY?

    Low mintage but a high price from the US Mint. A healthy $900.00 premium approx. right now.

    I hear the 2021 with the bucking horse Liberty is doing well with sales in the $3,500.00 + range.

    I like them both from a collectors view point.

    What ya think?
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Did anyone buy the 1 oz. gold 2023 LIBERTY?

    Low mintage but a high price from the US Mint. A healthy $900.00 premium approx. right now.

    I hear the 2021 with the bucking horse Liberty is doing well with sales in the $3,500.00 + range.

    I like them both from a collectors view point.

    What ya think?
    i like this design as i liked the bucking horse. all the rest = blah, and the market reflect that opinion as well. if any - this will be a winner but a bird in the hand and i can get 1&1/2 ozt gold instead of this overpriced 1 ozt from the mint. jmho

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    11,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i like this design as i liked the bucking horse. all the rest = blah, and the market reflect that opinion as well. if any - this will be a winner but a bird in the hand and i can get 1&1/2 ozt gold instead of this overpriced 1 ozt from the mint. jmho
    I totally agree with your reasoning Max. Then the little numi-devil in me says it may well be worth it as a keeper coin.

    Then commonsense kicks in and when converted into Canadian dollars
    (USD$2,895.00 x 1.3CDN = $3,7635)....wow..that is uuuughly. A pretty sobering wake up call.

    Thanks for your opinion Max.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Did anyone buy the 1 oz. gold 2023 LIBERTY?

    Low mintage but a high price from the US Mint. A healthy $900.00 premium approx. right now.

    I hear the 2021 with the bucking horse Liberty is doing well with sales in the $3,500.00 + range.

    I like them both from a collectors view point.

    What ya think?
    mint product as numi is a crap shoot, some wins, some are doozers.
    I prefer the original liberty gold (pre33) for the same money spent
    just my opinion, not trying talk u out of getting modern shiny.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    11,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    mint product as numi is a crap shoot, some wins, some are doozers.
    I prefer the original liberty gold (pre33) for the same money spent
    just my opinion, not trying talk u out of getting modern shiny.
    Hi Yellowsnow. Your opinions counts here as well. And you are correct in stating that most of the MINT stuff is not worth it. How ever, the odd coin comes along that is a real eye catcher. The cost in Canadian dollars is just too high. But I do like them, just not enough.

    YellowSnow...just a quick question for you. Why is the Canuck buck so low? I cannot find a good reason or an opinion to explain why the difference is so great. All that I read states " this is good for exports". Well what about imports that we peons need, like food from the USA -Mexico etc. This buffalo's me as a rise in the Canadian dollar would lower the inflation rate significantly.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Hi Yellowsnow. Your opinions counts here as well. And you are correct in stating that most of the MINT stuff is not worth it. How ever, the odd coin comes along that is a real eye catcher. The cost in Canadian dollars is just too high. But I do like them, just not enough.

    YellowSnow...just a quick question for you. Why is the Canuck buck so low? I cannot find a good reason or an opinion to explain why the difference is so great. All that I read states " this is good for exports". Well what about imports that we peons need, like food from the USA -Mexico etc. This buffalo's me as a rise in the Canadian dollar would lower the inflation rate significantly.
    i had seen and bought many RCM products (hologram, privy marks, guilded) from my LCS at standard junk silver premium markup.
    I could imagine the original owners sadness to liquidate them, after paying the premium and held them, for junk silver or junk gold return.
    Beside GML, most RCM products are 14k to 22K, making them 5% (GST) more expensive than need be. I rather pay 5% over spot for
    older gold/silver coinage.

    I think USD is strong across the board of other currencies.
    Perception is our current gov't isn't strong or business savvy, so the CAD is weak
    The CAD strength tend to follow the oil price. Our current gov't is anti oil, anti west, stuffs that the world want.

  7. #7

    Default

    I like the design, but not for over $900 premium. However, I noticed the silver version has a premium under $60, so that's the one to get.

    Premiums on gold coins such as these being so much higher than silver makes little sense to me. It is not like gold coins are harder to fabricate. I get how the cost of the base metal means premiums need to be higher (when you consider premium as a percentage), however not this much higher. Say the typical premium on a 1 oz mint U.S. gold coin is +$150, then maybe +$200 or even $+300 on a particularly nice coin makes sense. $900, I would say not - -just go with silver.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Did anyone buy the 1 oz. gold 2023 LIBERTY?

    Low mintage but a high price from the US Mint. A healthy $900.00 premium approx. right now.

    I hear the 2021 with the bucking horse Liberty is doing well with sales in the $3,500.00 + range.

    I like them both from a collectors view point.

    What ya think?
    $2000 worth of gold for $3000+ and no history? No thanks. But, different strokes . . . .
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •