Thread: There really is hope for the price of silver

Hybrid View

Default There really is hope for the price of silver

I have been reading and hearing for the past twenty two years about the coming (but never arriving) major silver shortage. Will it ever happen in real time?

https://www.kitco.com/news/2023-08-0...als-Focus.html

It will happen. Will it be in our lifetime?
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

If they keep mining silver to the tune of a billion ozs per year the price will not moon. Every upswing will be met with small and large hoards being found and immediately sold.
    "That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

Silver always disappoints. You would think that we would be at least in the 35 range at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Silver always disappoints. You would think that we would be at least in the 35 range at this point.
    I agree with this. If there is a cabal suppressing the price, they are doing a hell of a job.

Just a few blips every ten or 20 years.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

With premiums what they are...If I were a miner, I would get some stamping machines and start minting my own rounds & bars.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
    I have been reading and hearing for the past twenty two years about the coming (but never arriving) major silver shortage. Will it ever happen in real time?

https://www.kitco.com/news/2023-08-0...als-Focus.html
    Nope. Not anytime soon.