Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Are we stackers or sick addicts?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Are we stackers or sick addicts?

    We are definitely gluttons for punishment, but are we text book cases of addiction?
    https://youtu.be/QAoeQnupEQ0
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm slowly giving mine away to the younger generation in the family. Been doing so for years and it's really something to see kids excited about getting a new silver dollar for their collection.

    Got some Canadian Maple Leafs to mix up the coins a year ago.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

  3. #3

    Default

    hey red, at what age are you giving these to your kids, grandkids? i know you want them to keep as a collection. question is... are they?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    hey red, at what age are you giving these to your kids, grandkids? i know you want them to keep as a collection. question is... are they?
    I started on their first Birthday and at Christmas. Yes they do keep them. Oldest GC is 18 and 3 youngest are 7 with one in the middle at 12. My 3 sons too since 2000 or so. Oldest got 1/10 gr Credit Suisse 24k gold for her 18th bday.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    I started on their first Birthday and at Christmas. Yes they do keep them. Oldest GC is 18 and 3 youngest are 7 with one in the middle at 12. My 3 sons too since 2000 or so. Oldest got 1/10 gr Credit Suisse 24k gold for her 18th bday.
    nice. i too started at birthday and for christmas. i bought each of them a birth year proof coin of the p m's. but i have them in the safe and they know about them but i hold them currently. not sure what age i should present them ??? also got Christmas tree ornamints in the form of engraved baby's first Christmas rounds from granddad. those were given to them for the parents to hang on their tree. i guess the age of 18 would be when i give the proofs to them or at time of my Estate transference. i guess we will see what happens.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    nice. i too started at birthday and for christmas. i bought each of them a birth year proof coin of the p m's. but i have them in the safe and they know about them but i hold them currently. not sure what age i should present them ??? also got Christmas tree ornamints in the form of engraved baby's first Christmas rounds from granddad. those were given to them for the parents to hang on their tree. i guess the age of 18 would be when i give the proofs to them or at time of my Estate transference. i guess we will see what happens.
    Yes 18 is a good time. They either have the value of precious metals instilled in them by then or not. My will has all the PMs going to the kids and grandkids equally. Ha that should be a tussle.....
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    We are definitely gluttons for punishment, but are we text book cases of addiction?
    https://youtu.be/QAoeQnupEQ0
    so from one "cool kid" to another, lolz. at beginning of your video i will say, "i dont know" be back later after watching

  8. #8

    Default

    regarding your video... your policy about paying spot for the silver dollar morgans is a good method so you stay in the green. me too. although i did pay much higher than todays spot years ago when spot was in the $30s so I may have paid $34 at that time. dollar cost averaging downward since then has helped my overall cost though.

    not a completionist, not a fomo, I have done speculation assumption buying, so now approaching addiction at those times, moonshot positioning building the stack works. Eva scooting over that coin was cute.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •