Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coins, rounds, bar or junk???????

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Hiya Goldi.

When is the last time you bought any gold or silver Goldi? Just curious.

I like your Swampmass statement....haha.
    Digi; last buy was two years ago when on holidays in Croatia, a french 20 f piece at 300 euro which was the higheest price i ever paid for a 20 F french goldpiece; ( the actual 20 F purchase price here is 400 and resell price 350 euro

Gold has more or less preserved its buying power over time, I agree that it doesnt shed dividends, but what do you with dividends when they do not cover the loss of buying power of the capital.

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    diggy, the problem is that today there are few better safe " things" than gold, so selling gold to buy what? Gold ? It is not a solution.

The PTB are taxing everything to the hilt, and inventing daily more on everything which is bolted to the ground or loose. Here we have even cases they tax taxes.... it is IMO obvious that inflation is not going to be stopped, the interest rates are far too low to stop the spending ( whatever the financial branch touts, the actual interest rates are Peanuts compared to real inflation ).

The different fiats are competing each other lower and lower in a downwards caroussel movement. The PTB does not see another way out than more debt, so the fiatpurchase value is to go DOWN and DOWN. Holding Fiat is up to some extent necessary in order to cover yr daily expenses, but on top of that really a lossitem.

All governmental guided systems ( the swamp) are in principle bankrupt year after year and are bailed out by the PTB year after year. .
    All these systems have an inbuilt flaw. They lack the capitalisic bankruptcy brake, so there will be NO END to the spenddrift. The PTB will come after every penny you have sooner or later.

Houseowners are trapped in all countries, they are sitting ducks to be shot at, but also those who live in a house or falt which is not their own are tapped, There is no way to escape the ever increasing taxspree, It means that whatever one might think, the fiatvalue has to drop. Believing it will reverse is a sin against the Holy Spirit.

The only backstop for fiat to stop devaluating is a complete breakdown of the spending systems, and it will happen, but maybe not yet tomorrow. The swampmass is sticky stuff.

Golditiki2+++
    The only thing I have any hope to escape the spiral of disaster is BTC, and the destruction of everything will also destroy the internet and servers throughout the world.... So it might not escape the destruction either. There is literally NOTHING that cannot be destroyed or taken from you.

Honest personal associations and truthfull relationships will likely be the ONLY thing that will survive. Invest in the people around you and not being an a$$hole.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

100ounces2, to every one his. I admit Bitcoin has a strong point and, I have been on the brink of buying bitcoin at the beginning when it was mentioned and still worth peanuts, but it was so cumbersome i quitted, i am unable to type those long complicated PINs without mistakes.

Furthermore, it is obvious to me that in the future when something bad is to happen ( and we live wicked times ), the grid will be one of the main targets. It is a vulnerable asset.

I am maybe oldfashioned, but sduring my lifespan i learnt that old tools are in many cases better than new ones. i can agree with you that NOTHING is perfect, and I agree that it is good to have truthfull friends, but even that is a fragile fundament.

Help yourself , so help you God. ( and it is questionnable if he ( she) even exists).

Golditiki2+++

Invest in something. Invest vs. spend, spend, spend. Invest in whatever you think will survive the debasement of fiat currency. When you hear what's going on behind the headlines you can't help but believe that a world of hurt is coming. The magicians have kept the balls in the air for a lot longer than most of us could believe, but a day of reckoning is coming. When you hear that the only reason more cars aren't being repossessed is because there aren't enough employees at the repo companies to speed things up. Or that the government is attempting to keep people in their houses, that they can't afford, is by refinancing bad home loans into a 70% of owed principal for 40 years with the remaining 30% as a 0% second mortgage, then you know the stuff is about to hit the fan. Some people having made a loan payment since 2020. Student loans are now due too. Zombie companies are filing bankruptcy at record levels. Lastly, the non-farm job growth is mostly due to government hiring while private businesses are laying off people. Growth that's coming while the government is borrowing more and more to fund the growth and also while interest rates are increasing and the interest payment cost is going to the moon as old debt is refinanced at the new higher rates.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Goldi: ...been about 3 years since I last bought silver. Mostly silver Libertads. Haven't bought any gold for a very long time. I think the NGC 70PF gold proof Mercury dime was my last gold purchase. More numi style than bullion.

LongDon: ...you are right about vehicle repo's and the lack of ability to seize that many vehicles. Over 1+ million folks are more than 60 days late on their payments.

Lena knows....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0GQGm0jYfo

I like watching her research, she always backs up her info.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Goldi: ...been about 3 years since I last bought silver. Mostly silver Libertads. Haven't bought any gold for a very long time. I think the NGC 70PF gold proof Mercury dime was my last gold purchase. More numi style than bullion.

LongDon: ...you are right about vehicle repo's and the lack of ability to seize that many vehicles. Over 1+ million folks are more than 60 days late on their payments.

Lena knows....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0GQGm0jYfo

I like watching her research, she always backs up her info.

All we need now is a dust bowl in the mid-west and we'd be heading back to repeating the great depression. https://www.history.com/topics/great...ession-history

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

longdon, the theaterplay for the following elections is clear, Act 1, hget the people in a precarious situation, Act 2 upfront of the election, promise to forgive studntloandebts. Act 3 promise the ueberwealthy will pay for the loss of those who lost money due to act 2 promise.

Votemugging is easy,. one has only to hit the voter who would be voting republican and by promising debtpardon of studentloans the middle and lower upperclass will vote for the dems...

It is difficult for the reps to promise the same boons to the voting loons.

The democrats can easily " forgive " loans and debts, it is not their money, nor the money of those of their " clan".

When the financial world will cry " this is murder of the sacrosaint rule that debt must be paid back " the dems will say looking at their fingernails and say:

You yourself knew from the beginning that by giving masses of easy money they never could pay you back. It was YOUR stupid greed who got this debt issue rolling though you knew it was impossible that the majority never could payback these loans, so blame yourself for yr loss.

I would advise those who hold shakey debtpapers to sell them before the exit turnpike gets stuck.

Golditiki2+++ .

golditiki2 +++

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    All we need now is a dust bowl in the mid-west and we'd be heading back to repeating the great depression. https://www.history.com/topics/great...ession-history

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"
    ^^^^ A true statement; it looks like the economy is headed down to the bottom of the toilet. I have a two part question, though. Would such a downturn more likely to be a hyperinflation scenario or a deflationary spiral? Secondly, how would that affect the best strategy for preparing for it?

The big one is coming. We are better prepared than most, I should imagine.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast