Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Coins, rounds, bar or junk???????

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    ^^^^ A true statement; it looks like the economy is headed down to the bottom of the toilet. I have a two part question, though. Would such a downturn more likely to be a hyperinflation scenario or a deflationary spiral? Secondly, how would that affect the best strategy for preparing for it?
    I don't think anyone can forecast which exact investment will be the best if and when when a huge downturn happens. There are signs, like stagflation usually happens first. If the fed can't fix that, or the large corporations don't make the changes needed, then a certain amount of cash on hand plus metals may ease or limit the personal financial damage. Stay out of debt if possible or get rid of any debt asap.

I heard Powell say, we have too much employment. If the fed causes massive layoffs as a cure for inflation they bloody well better not over do it as this could spiral out of control and cause a depression era scenario. Why blame the workers when the fault is massive long-term national debt created by government overspending? Workers keep the economy flowing, being unemployed does no benefit to anyone. Seems to me the cure is to cut the national debt expenditures that caused this stuff in the first place. This is just like the average person doing a budget. To buy this, we have to cut this expenditure to balance our own books. Not a genius move, just commonsense. All governments world wide have strayed away from commonsense.

Just my 2 cents.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

I've heard Powell say that type of thing also; that adding more jobs/employees is hurting the economy. I don't see how that is so either; would think that would be a promising thing. And you have a point in that having a diversity in preparation for the future would be very helpful.

Your two cents makes good sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    I've heard Powell say that type of thing also; that adding more jobs/employees is hurting the economy. I don't see how that is so either; would think that would be a promising thing. And you have a point in that having a diversity in preparation for the future would be very helpful.

Your two cents makes good sense to me.
    The only jobs being created are government jobs, industry is laying people off. Government jobs are parasitic and suck wealth out of the economy. Doubly so if IRS jobs.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456