Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: silver stacking anniversary

  1. #1

    Default silver stacking anniversary

    Just realized here in May 2023, that I am just about upon my 10-year silver stacking anniversary.

    My first stacking adventure commenced in July 2013.
    Made 2 online purchases that month (combined total 90 oz silver, and 1 oz gold). I've since made several more purchases....certainly not much like ya'll, but I have enough to totally fill my SDB box at the bank.

    Looking back, my only regret is selling half my stack in various years from 2015 to 2021. I wish I kept it all to realize the $26 spot price silver is enjoying now.
    I still have half the stack remaining. I plan to sell only perhaps 2% of it later in 2023.....will hang on the the remaining 98% for now.

    Also - probably will place some sort of order in July 2023, just to 'commemorate' my 10-year stacking anniversary, LOL.


    Reply and let me know: what stacking anniversary year are you in? 1-year? 5-year? 15-year?
    What turned you on to stacking when you first started?

  2. #2

    Default

    Way to go, T money

    Thanks for sharing your success story!

  3. #3

    Default

    Dang, I ben on here a Looooooong time. (Thanks Kitco!)
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    "The world will soon wake up to the reality that everyone is broke and can collect nothing from the bankrupt, who are owed unlimited amounts by the insolvent, who are attempting to make late payments on a bank holiday in the wrong country, with an unacceptable currency, against defaulted collateral, of which nobody is sure who holds title."

    - Anonymous

  5. #5

    Default

    I started stacking back in the late 1950's. Quite a few of us have had to sell all or part of out stash of PM over the years. I've had to do so twice. I've also had my stash stolen by a close friend once. Embrace the suck as they say. Just be thankful that you can start over again.
    Last edited by LongDonSilver; 05-11-2023 at 09:46 AM.
    Do your own due diligence

    I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

  6. #6

    Default

    I started slow after the GFC. It was hard at first to contain myself. I wound up with allot of random stuff. But, I had fun collecting. Later, when prices were low I would just go for 100 oz. lots, a better strategy. Then I quit my day job, found different work, and got into stacking my 401k with large cap stocks instead. But, I have enough tangibles to sleep good at night so it's fine. I almost got some out at 25 for sell, probably wish later I did, I'm going to need to come up with some cash here one of these days.

  7. #7

    Default

    Congratulations!!! Let's celebrate!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

    "All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T money View Post
    Just realized here in May 2023, that I am just about upon my 10-year silver stacking anniversary.

    My first stacking adventure commenced in July 2013.
    Made 2 online purchases that month (combined total 90 oz silver, and 1 oz gold). I've since made several more purchases....certainly not much like ya'll, but I have enough to totally fill my SDB box at the bank.

    Looking back, my only regret is selling half my stack in various years from 2015 to 2021. I wish I kept it all to realize the $26 spot price silver is enjoying now.
    I still have half the stack remaining. I plan to sell only perhaps 2% of it later in 2023.....will hang on the the remaining 98% for now.

    Also - probably will place some sort of order in July 2023, just to 'commemorate' my 10-year stacking anniversary, LOL.


    Reply and let me know: what stacking anniversary year are you in? 1-year? 5-year? 15-year?
    What turned you on to stacking when you first started?
    congrats t money. find a special deal this july. my purchases began when i would buy silver dollars for around $5 for my kids school report cards. each quarter they had the option to receive one silver dollar or a $5 frn for each A grade on the report card. they always chose the silver dollars with a bit of persuasion from ol' dad. lol
    my real stacking began around 2010 with about 60 x 10 ounce bars which i traded for gold sometime later as a ratio trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •