Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is $25 the new $50?

yeah, basically asking this because $25 +/- is generally where the price seems to peak (i know it has stumbled higher, but not sustained). it was approaching $50 around 2011, the silver bears were predicting to the moon, the powers that be were losing control of silver suppression, the morgue (jp morgan)! then it all swiftly crashed. with exceptions, in my mind, over the past decade silver has just bounced around from $15-$30, with $25 just being a kind of plateau peak. it might go to $28, it might slide back to $19, who knows. $25ish seems to be a common high point over the past decade. people fantasize about $50, but $25 may actually be a truer high zone for the silver market. i hope i'm wrong. i 'd love to see a much high climb.

You are not going to believe me but I'll say it anyways; there is no such thing as silver suppression because nobody cares to sink a ton of money down the hole of suppressing a global commodity for years. Because trust me; with so many global players anybody stupid enough to spend the resources to do so would have their lunch money taken by fellow deep pocket entities that would jump at the chance to profit from the unsustainable suppression.

You got that right, I will say it again: the name of the game is silver price inflation. Look at premiums on strictly generic cast bars. Still going above $4 and don't even get me started on buffaloes at $5 over. The supply of silver/gold is plentiful and likely will not sustain any kind of a moon shot for more than a few weeks at best. Try cashing in your stack during asian trading hours, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    You got that right, I will say it again: the name of the game is silver price inflation. Look at premiums on strictly generic cast bars. Still going above $4 and don't even get me started on buffaloes at $5 over. The supply of silver/gold is plentiful and likely will not sustain any kind of a moon shot for more than a few weeks at best. Try cashing in your stack during asian trading hours, lol.
    If even 1% of the population start buying gold when the fear of dollar collapse hit them, they will both surge much higher.

Im no longer thinking of gold in terms of dollars, just money.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    If even 1% of the population start buying gold when the fear of dollar collapse hit them, they will both surge much higher.

Im no longer thinking of gold in terms of dollars, just money.
    I would tend to agree with you, Mitey. There will come a point of panic and people here wanting to get their hands on anything that will hold value. It really doesn't do any good to think of it in terms of Dollars because the reason to accumulate and hold is exactly the reason it would not be turned back into Dollars.... I have considered swapping out for Dollars if I can get enough to retire debt, but I don't have much. It is more likely I will wait until the whole thing shakes out to make a choice of what to do. The question is whether or not government will outlaw anything but their new and improved currency and whether or not Au/Ag/Pt/BTC or anything will be allowed to be traded for it.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

You will always be able to trade commodities for anything else. It is called barter, and it ALWAYS flourishes more, the more govt tries to restrict currency use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123