Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is $25 the new $50?

Default is $25 the new $50?

looking back, it appears that we are near the 10 year high at $25. kind of depressing for silver holders. our collective memory clings to the $50 mark, but i'm wondering, outside of some monumental influence, that around $25 is near peak for silver. and if so, for those that want to cash in some, now is not a bad time. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by rwh63 View Post
    looking back, it appears that we are near the 10 year high at $25. kind of depressing for silver holders. our collective memory clings to the $50 mark, but i'm wondering, outside of some monumental influence, that around $25 is near peak for silver. and if so, for those that want to cash in some, now is not a bad time. thoughts?
    It was 30 just a while back and In my mind 25 is not 50....Perhaps 70 might be the new 50.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

cash in? what do these words mean?
    A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can cash in anytime. Heck I cashed in when the price of silver was at it's lowest in the middle of the pandemic, all the way down into the $12 range. Except that premiums went crazy and I think I got around $22 an ounce for it. I turned around and bought SLV ATF with it. I'm thinking at cashing that in now which would double my cash, but I'm waiting for silver premiums to become sensible again.

I think that the $50 bill is the new $20 bill.

Silver & gold SHOULD go up, just like everything else that is measured against fiat currencies.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Banks failing, government spending out of control, country heading for a recession, Russia and China along with the rest of Brics trying to destroy the US dollar and you think this is good time to sell? I would think this is a great time to be glad you have silver and perhaps seek more. But hey, that's just me.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

LongDon has a point. I don't plan on selling any silver unless some unforeseen situation comes up where I need the cash. At the least, it looks like a good time to hold at present. If good deals can be found along the way (without crazy high premiums) maybe add to the stack along the way. Look at it this way; silver may not be headed to the moon at present but it's not falling through the floor either. Just some thoughts for what it's worth.

When it gets to $30, I have an MB I'm going to sell. Still going to hold quite a bit, but lighten the stack.
    Good seeing it go up, and agreed, with inflation on almost everything else, it's about time.

In more normal times, I would be starting to sell at today's spot price & increase selling as the price works higher. But these are not normal times & I am concerned that it may be a long haul ahead, so my strategy will be different this time.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I think that the $50 bill is the new $20 bill.

Silver & gold SHOULD go up, just like everything else that is measured against fiat currencies.
    Exactly. The cost of nearly everything has almost doubled or more than doubled.

The new silver high will be around $100.

When a few % of the population decides real money is better than fake money, all bets are off.

But I have a problem valuing silver or gold in dollars...since they have no real value, just perception....and thats going away...slowly at first, then very fast.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast