Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the online store down?

Default Is the online store down?

I can't access the store or log into my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Slope View Post
    I can't access the store or log into my account.
    Hi Western Slope, it appears to be the case. I just tried to log into my account and it resulted in a website error message from the browser.

I notified Kitco admin about it.

Regards,
    ynot2k
    Last edited by ynot2k; 03-24-2023 at 11:11 PM.

Hi Western Slope,

On my end I just checked and the issue is resolved, I am able to log into my Kitco store account.

Are you still experiencing problems?

Hi, I'm just new here. Can you talk more about Kito store, pls??

Looks like the online store is still down, from some "cyber security incident" that occurred in mid December. Now I can't even see my Pool account (in which I hold gold, silver, and platinum). I will try and call and see what can be done, however it has been maybe two weeks now -- this is concerning.

Reminds us all why physical is the best - -however if Kitco does not get things back to normal soon, this will have an impact on the public's confidence.

I will update all once I talk to them over the phone.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Looks like the online store is still down, from some "cyber security incident" that occurred in mid December. Now I can't even see my Pool account (in which I hold gold, silver, and platinum). I will try and call and see what can be done, however it has been maybe two weeks now -- this is concerning.

Reminds us all why physical is the best - -however if Kitco does not get things back to normal soon, this will have an impact on the public's confidence.

I will update all once I talk to them over the phone.
    yes motocat, that is very concerning. i thought that was working from other posts i thought i read. there was a way that was immediately circumvented from the threat to be able to buy or sell but that was via phone calls i think if memory serves. not having access to your credit file and pool accounts would not sit well with me. someone from their offices should see this thread and your post and get back to you i would think.
    also, if their management were on top of things someone should have contacted you via email or phone call to inform you of the facts regarding your holdings there. this threat (cyber attack) must be greater than we know.

if you dont hold it you dont own it.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 01-02-2024 at 03:24 AM.

I am thinking this whole thing stinks. We already have a thread on here warning of a cyber attack. We have already seen governments attacking their people to exploit fear and implement controls. I am not buying the fact Kitco can't get their online Schiff together any more than I buy civic came from a wuhan
    wombat, or budlite boy is a girl. A whole bunch of somethings are stinking and it is hard to tell exactly what isn't bullschitt.

Do you actually trust the government not to crash a private company's website to undermine faith in PM purchasing? Yeah, me too.
    Last edited by t00nces2; 01-02-2024 at 06:31 AM.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I am thinking this whole thing stinks. We already have a thread on here warning of a cyber attack. We have already seen governments attacking their people to exploit fear and implement controls. I am not buying the fact Kitco can't get their online Schiff together any more than I buy civic came from a wuhan
    wombat, or budlite boy is a girl. A whole bunch of somethings are stinking and it is hard to tell exactly what isn't bullschitt.

Do you actually trust the government not to crash a private company's website to undermine faith in PM purchasing? Yeah, me too.
    it is well publicized that 2024 could be the black swam year of cyberattack. Companies that haven't buff up their cyber security by now is asking for trouble. The more prepped ones even have a permanent team inhouse or outsourced cyber security experts on 24/7 surveillance and patrol

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post

if they can't fix the simple bugs on this forum, that's a warning sign....

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    if they can't fix the simple bugs on this forum, that's a warning sign....
    Yellowsnow if you think about it that is incorrect. The forum is something that has a priority of it's own albiet it does seem to be a low priority.

The online store is separate and anyone can take the info from Kitco at face value or not.

People are still buying and selling metal by phone and in person and delivery of physical still occurs and likely just as fast as it ever was.

But this is unlikely to change your mind and that's just the way the world is. People see things differently, do things differently, etc. Be pretty boring otherwise.

Thanks for your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast