Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Credit Conditions

Deposits at Capitol One bank frozen by NYC’s banking commission amid insolvency fears

On Thursday New York City’s Banking Commission took action against Capital One and KeyBank, major banking institutions, for failing to submit anti-discrimination plans to the city. New York City Comptroller Brad Lander announced in a press release that the commission voted to “freeze NYC’s deposits” at both banks.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2023/0...olvency-fears/
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

What everyone needs is this new credit card that cuts you off when you exceed your carbon footprint: https://www.fastcompany.com/90396592...rbon-footprint
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    What everyone needs is this new credit card that cuts you off when you exceed your carbon footprint: https://www.fastcompany.com/90396592...rbon-footprint

Guess I will not be using that card for my motor home diesel purchases. Would not get very far.

American Express tells me if I don't use my card in 35 days they are going to cancel it.

432Hz

Perhaps the start - Slight tightening of financial conditions last week.
    Note that the TGA runoff ( treasuries cking account) - drawn down 338 billion in last 100 days and the Feds balance sheet - actually up 50 billion in last 100 days
    That is net 388 billion or about 1.4 trillion annualized in liquidity, is just starting to reverse.
    I am assuming the Fed continues its resumption of net QT after it reversed it for the ' bail ins' of the big bank failures. And the Treasury has to replenish its operating account.
    I am fairly confident this is happening now, so unless something else happens in summer, ( and government/Fed changes course) which it probably will, the NFCI should tighten significantly.
    This extra liquidity, over and above what should have occurred is probably the major reason for the stock market to have gone up and GDP showing what it has.

Imagine if in the next 100 days the TGA replenishes back to where it was, say 338 billion more, and the Fed reduces say at least 100 billion per month ( which it says it is doing, at least)
    That is about 650 billion or 2.37 trillion annualized. Not good for the equity markets from a funds flow. Not good for the economy either ( all things equal).

Perhaps the fuel keeping the economy/market from the stronger effects of gravity( rates) in the atmosphere ( uncomfortably toasty) is starting to deplete.
    ----------------

Index Suggests Financial Conditions Tightened in Week Ending June 2
    The NFCI ticked up to –0.22 in the week ending June 2. Risk indicators contributed –0.12, credit indicators contributed –0.06, and leverage indicators contributed –0.03 to the index in the latest week.

The ANFCI ticked down in the latest week to –0.27. Risk indicators contributed –0.18, credit indicators contributed –0.05, leverage indicators contributed –0.05, and the adjustments for prevailing macroeconomic conditions contributed 0.02 to the index in the latest week.

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    American Express tells me if I don't use my card in 35 days they are going to cancel it.
    that happens with most of the companies. just use it once and pay balance in full and they will keep it activated for another year or so. good to have high limit unused cards for those just in case times. better than an open line of credit on your home if they are $0 annual fee. these often carry 0% interest for 8 to 24 months depending on your fico score. good to have access to their frn's for only a 3% one time fee if/when you need it or could make advantageous purchases for wealth building purposes. jmho.

I'll find something to buy with it. I just got another US Bank 0% card for 18 months. That's three accounts I have with them credit card wise. One I use as a rewards quite a bit. Another that is 0% until the end of the year, currently dump insurance on that. This last one I intended to put the house insurance on (it went up almost 25%!) but they mess around and waited until after the payment due date, unbeknownst to them. It showed up online but I couldn't activate it until I physically got the card.

But no hard inquiry credit score hit for the new card.

432Hz

This, and a few months ago they were talking raising prices, and exports increasing.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/ne...-in-two-years/

However CA seems to have pulled through already, we are speed bumping anything recession since the feds are throwing around 2 trillion per year, that leaves states absolutely beyond flush with tax revenues. I mean sure we need a debt flush, but may as well just keep building the debt up and servicing it, banks do like rolling it in like they are now with higher interest rates. Sure things are going to hell in a hand basket but as long as people can spend their way into oblivion filling their hand baskets with junky plastic trinkets from Temu or whatever then all is good.

https://ktla.com/news/california/new...ates-reserves/

Financial Conditions continue to get looser.
    In a fiat system, it is hard to curb demand if credit is getting looser, and the government is increasing the deficit faster than the Fed is reducing its balance sheet.

Index Suggests Financial Conditions Continued to Loosen in Week Ending June 23
    The NFCI ticked down to –0.32 in the week ending June 23. Risk indicators contributed –0.16, credit indicators contributed –0.11, and leverage indicators contributed –0.04 to the index in the latest week.

The ANFCI was unchanged in the latest week at –0.31. Risk indicators contributed –0.21, credit indicators contributed –0.10, leverage indicators contributed –0.06, and the adjustments for prevailing macroeconomic conditions contributed 0.06 to the index in the latest week.

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    I sent them packing more than 20 years ago
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.