Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for New Stackers.

nice, windweaver and bronkster, nice on collecting the nickels as well. all the nickels are still 25%/75% so there is no reason to search against zincs composites. someday just like the copper cents they may have a profitability, but a couple years ago, i decided i had enough and would rather save the frns and get silver with them instead. also, i did not know about that other web url CoinApps, thanks, i just used coinflation.com for most types of coin values.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    nice, windweaver and bronkster, nice on collecting the nickels as well. all the nickels are still 25%/75% so there is no reason to search against zincs composites. someday just like the copper cents they may have a profitability, but a couple years ago, i decided i had enough and would rather save the frns and get silver with them instead. also, i did not know about that other web url CoinApps, thanks, i just used coinflation.com for most types of coin values.
    I believe the scraps of clad metal left over from from stamping out dimes, quarters and halves is remelted and becomes the source of metal used in nickels.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Stacking silver and gold has been referred to as more insurance than investment. What's been happening with banks the last week or so reinforces that notion. As has been noted earlier in the thread; Buy and Hold.

I've been hearing a lot on copper later. Apparently copper is being bought in droves by companies that need the metal. They are stocking it up. Copper will only go up in my opinion. I myself have thought about acquiring more wheat pennies. Love those little buggers.

The best advice I can give to stackers is - keep on stacking, as you can afford.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I believe the scraps of clad metal left over from from stamping out dimes, quarters and halves is remelted and becomes the source of metal used in nickels.
    Don, why would you say that? nickels do not have any silver in them. if your theory were correct wouldn't there be trace amounts of silver in the nickels? just sayin? not that it matters much, but please explain a little more.

If you really want copper its not hard to find. just wait until garage day and go rummage for scrap. The copper rounds look cool and I can see them being tempting but they will likely never pay off in any meaningful way.

It's easy to melt down the scraps in your backyard into bars as well. I am personally not doing this as its not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    Don, why would you say that? nickels do not have any silver in them. if your theory were correct wouldn't there be trace amounts of silver in the nickels? just sayin? not that it matters much, but please explain a little more.
    Sorry, I meant the modern Cu/Ni nickels. If you tossed 2023 dimes, quarters and nickels into a furnace they'd all have the same ratio of Cu and Ni.
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Here is a fun exchange regarding generic rounds vs. Sovereign bullion.

https://youtu.be/X_3AYA4Pn-s
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Foreign junk is awesome but be sure to carry the double sized phone book size price catalog 19th century volume and 20th century volumes so you know what you are getting purity wise. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast