Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grading questions.....??

NGC has a subsidiary service for cleaning coins. They are located just down the street from where NGC grade coins. You can ask NGC to clean them for you. Used to be about $30.00 a few years ago. I would leave it up to them. I think they may go by NCS or something similar. It has been a few years..and I'm getting older...haha.

I've seen before and after pictures and looks like they do a great job on a different forum.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    NGC has a subsidiary service for cleaning coins. They are located just down the street from where NGC grade coins. You can ask NGC to clean them for you. Used to be about $30.00 a few years ago. I would leave it up to them. I think they may go by NCS or something similar. It has been a few years..and I'm getting older...haha.

I've seen before and after pictures and looks like they do a great job on a different forum.
    Yes, I think both NGC and PCGS both conserve/restore coins. The funny, not funny thing is, if you or I do it, it's called cleaning and is considered a bad thing. When they do it, they charge you for it, do the same exact thing (a quick dip in acetone or EZ Est and a soft scrub with a Q Tip), and all of a sudden it's called "conservation". Ha ha ha! I'm sensing a double standard here!

Would the acetone remove the sometimes coveted "toning" ?
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    should not.
    acetone work on oil and grimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    Exactly what yellowsnow said. The acetone will only remove the sticky stuff that isn't supposed to be there anyway. Toning won't/shouldn't be affected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123