Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Good to be True?

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    maxwell- "awe jjm, that isn't nice."

I'm assuming he has a sense of humor. Look at his chosen name?
    yep, you have a good point there. maybe he took that moniker after finding out his mistake in buying those fakes early on in his stacking days. i know i have called myself a dumb a ss on occasion for things i should have known better for but did them anyway.

yes the devil is in temptation. As my father used to say a sin against the Holy Ghost ( Spirit ). When I asked him what was the definition of such a sin, he said:: knowingly do what you should not do.

It is the case with these fakes and their pricing. They are TOO cheap to be true silver coins. The seller is not very smart, he should price his stuff closer to the real price.

Ps i see that nowadays fraudsters make whatever copies of coins and they are darn good copies. Nobody is suing them... Maybe the Fiat Masters are interested in the spreading of fake coins, it keeps people, once they got burnt, away from real PMs...

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    yes the devil is in temptation. As my father used to say a sin against the Holy Ghost ( Spirit ). When I asked him what was the definition of such a sin, he said:: knowingly do what you should not do.

It is the case with these fakes and their pricing. They are TOO cheap to be true silver coins. The seller is not very smart, he should price his stuff closer to the real price.

Ps i see that nowadays fraudsters make whatever copies of coins and they are darn good copies. Nobody is suing them... Maybe the Fiat Masters are interested in the spreading of fake coins, it keeps people, once they got burnt, away from real PMs...

Golditiki2+++
    I have a pretty good idea that is true, Gold. It seems EVERYTHING is being sullied to evaporate any trust in anything. If everything is suspected to be fake, even the real has no value..... We have been cursed to live in interesting times.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Third counterfeit American Eagle discovered

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-co...gle-discovered

This is one that I did not think would be counterfeited. Coin world offers proof that it too was now counterfeited. I tried to get one of these V 75 coins but it was sold out in minutes and the mints web site was totally locked up not being able to handle the number of immediate purchase requests.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 02-25-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidme View Post
    Bought 10. They weighed. 26.1 grams...IN A SLAB. Not silver. ALIBABA? CC covered my loss.

Too good to be true.....
    I'm amazed that anyone but newbies fall for these adds...
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I'm amazed that anyone but newbies fall for these adds...
    well, people think they hold God by his big toe until they realize they have been fooled, then they say PMs are not a good buy, whereas they should criticize their own mindset.

This is quite a general human habit.

Golditiki2+++

"You can't cheat an honest man; never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." -- Whipsnade (W.C. Fields)
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Clearly, it has become even more imperative than ever that Due Diligence MUST BE exercised when faced with such "opportunities". Seasoned stackers [I]should[I] be able to defeat these unscrupulous types/thieves with knowledge and testing methods. The unwashed masses, maybe not so much. Obviously, buying from a well-known, trusted source is just the first step. Perhaps the second would be to know when not to buy or from whom to not buy from.

One thing I haven't done was check my stack for any fakes. I have only purchased from reputable dealers so I am not all too worried. Probably wouldnt hurt to run a magnet test though.

Have seen, held and touched fake silver coins at a friends coin store. Ping it against a real silver coin. Like hearing angels sing(silver), versus the cast fakes sound like dropping a lead fishing sinker on a metal table(clack).

Do not be afraid, buy on person. Once you hold a fake, and do the ping test, you will know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast