Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Good to be True?

Default Too Good to be True?

What do you think? I am tempted to spend the $100 for ten ounces....

https://ttonystar.shop/collections/c...t-Uncirculated
    Last edited by ynot2k; 02-23-2023 at 10:41 AM.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

What is the seller's official/legal business name? I don't see it clearly listed on the website.

Their contact page lists a physical mailing address, but it could be an empty lot for all I know. There is no phone number. Their email is a generic @outlook.com address. Their refund policy page lists a different email domain ( @dmmeo.com ) and there is no website available on that domain.

Looks very sketchy to me. YMMV.
    A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. -Lao Tzu

C'MON TOONCES2. you should know much better than to fall for this scam. i hate people like this thief. too many unwary, unsuspecting newbee's to the honorable idea of stacking to preserve wealth are getting scammed all over facebook, and ebay and many other places. this gives our hobby a very bad reputation and is flooding the marketplace with FAKE bulls hit!!! people buy this shi t and find out it is fake eventually and then try to get some of their money back by reselling it to the next ignorant buyer. they all should be arrested and tried for counterfeiting and selling counterfeit coins.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE!!!!!
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 02-23-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Default My experience..

Bought 10. They weighed. 26.1 grams...IN A SLAB. Not silver. ALIBABA? CC covered my loss.

Too good to be true.....

Quote Originally Posted by stupidme View Post
    Bought 10. They weighed. 26.1 grams...IN A SLAB. Not silver. ALIBABA? CC covered my loss.

Too good to be true.....
    Slabbed fakes are fun!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Good God. What's really unfortunate is the number of people who will fall for what's clearly a scam. There are way too many red flags showing: US Mint logo at the top of the website? Nope, not good- especially when the "advertisement" is for Maple Leafs. Or this: Buy more save more

1PC

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE (3PCS)

BUY 3 GET 2 FREE (5PCS)

BUY 5 GET 5 FREE (10PCS)

BUY 10 GET 10 FREE (20PCS)

Perhaps I'm crazy, but in all the years I've been stacking and collecting, I have NEVER seen ANY coin or bullion dealer offer such great deals/pricing, and I've filled monster boxes before.

Type 1 Silver Eagles for $14.99? Oh, suuuure. Yeah, they're real. Of course. (Shaking my head) And regular ASE's for only a dollar more? Where do I sign? Or the 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar for only $22.99. Yep, it's got to be real, and if it is, then I've got some bridges to sell you cheap. Maxwell is absolutely right. Run, do not walk away...

Thank you all for the input. I was tempted, but suspicious. You have brought up reference points I had not considered checking or noticing. I will keep them in mind in the future. Perhaps others will be educated to help spot scams.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Bug View Post
    What is the seller's official/legal business name? I don't see it clearly listed on the website.

Their contact page lists a physical mailing address, but it could be an empty lot for all I know. There is no phone number. Their email is a generic @outlook.com address. Their refund policy page lists a different email domain ( @dmmeo.com ) and there is no website available on that domain.

Looks very sketchy to me. YMMV.
    Good pick ups PM

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    C'MON TOONCES2. you should know much better than to fall for this scam. i hate people like this thief. too many unwary, unsuspecting newbee's to the honorable idea of stacking to preserve wealth are getting scammed all over facebook, and ebay and many other places. this gives our hobby a very bad reputation and is flooding the marketplace with FAKE bulls hit!!! people buy this shi t and find out it is fake eventually and then try to get some of their money back by reselling it to the next ignorant buyer. they all should be arrested and tried for counterfeiting and selling counterfeit coins.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE!!!!!
    Gotcha. I didn't. It is likely they aren't even in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidme View Post

Too good to be true.....
    Don't feel too bad sm, I bought some silver bars once that turned out to be a very rare magnetic type silver and kicked myself for falling for the scam.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Slabbed fakes are fun!!!
    Almost worth buying as a curiosity except it is then just a fake that then can make its' way out into the wild or be mistaken and included in a sale of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Good God. What's really unfortunate is the number of people who will fall for what's clearly a scam. There are way too many red flags showing: US Mint logo at the top of the website? Nope, not good- especially when the "advertisement" is for Maple Leafs. Or this: Buy more save more

1PC

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE (3PCS)

BUY 3 GET 2 FREE (5PCS)

BUY 5 GET 5 FREE (10PCS)

BUY 10 GET 10 FREE (20PCS)

Perhaps I'm crazy, but in all the years I've been stacking and collecting, I have NEVER seen ANY coin or bullion dealer offer such great deals/pricing, and I've filled monster boxes before.

Type 1 Silver Eagles for $14.99? Oh, suuuure. Yeah, they're real. Of course. (Shaking my head) And regular ASE's for only a dollar more? Where do I sign? Or the 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar for only $22.99. Yep, it's got to be real, and if it is, then I've got some bridges to sell you cheap. Maxwell is absolutely right. Run, do not walk away...
    The US mint logo raised my curiosity, but didn't give a red flag. US dealers do sell foreign silver. I just bought 10 Au Spanish Lynx 1/10's for just over spot from the local coin shop. The grossly underpriced Ag is what kept me from buying....

Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

stupidme-"Bought 10. They weighed. 26.1 grams...IN A SLAB. Not silver. ALIBABA? CC covered my loss.

Too good to be true....."

I don't recall having seen you around. I'll keep an eye on you in the future though. Anytime we need to know if danger is ahead we can send you to the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    stupidme-"Bought 10. They weighed. 26.1 grams...IN A SLAB. Not silver. ALIBABA? CC covered my loss.

Too good to be true....."

I don't recall having seen you around. I'll keep an eye on you in the future though. Anytime we need to know if danger is ahead we can send you to the front of the line.
    awe jjm, that isn't nice. stupidme has been here a while. i remember seeing him several times. we all make mistakes sometime or another and at least he was inetelligent enough to make a claim on his credit card and got refunded. my ex's current husband decided to start buying silver the last year or so and while he was in jail with a restraining order from her, she brought a couple rolls of ASE's and several 10 ounce bars to me to estimate the value and they were all fake as could be. it seems he bought them from one of those facebook adds and once again, a too good to be true very low pricing for them. i don't think he is smart enough to get his money back though.

maxwell- "awe jjm, that isn't nice."

I'm assuming he has a sense of humor. Look at his chosen name?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast