Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: educated guesses with reasoning of when we may finally see spot price stop dropping.

Default educated guesses with reasoning of when we may finally see spot price stop dropping.

well are we going back down into the teens with the price of silver? it looked like spot was finally disassociating from paper price to keep rising to above $30 and on again. most of the youtube vids i follow (maybe very foolishly) (maybe just not allowing enough "passage of time") have been calling for upward explosions of price for over a year now. i feel like for some dumb reason i keep buying and either nothing good happens or it drops significantly. i would like for anyone else here to offer their viewpoints on when they think it could actually begin its upward trajectory so those of us that have been stacking religiously for so long that it begins to feel like we made the right decision. i am beginning to feel foolish but for some reason just keep buying. meanwhile the stock market just keeps rising. such a ponzi scheme. sorry just need to vent a little and to request for someone to offer reasonable reasons why silver can never seem to just act like it is a wise choice. i know it is a volatile metal but geez!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    well are we going back down into the teens with the price of silver? it looked like spot was finally disassociating from paper price to keep rising to above $30 and on again. most of the youtube vids i follow (maybe very foolishly) (maybe just not allowing enough "passage of time") have been calling for upward explosions of price for over a year now. i feel like for some dumb reason i keep buying and either nothing good happens or it drops significantly. i would like for anyone else here to offer their viewpoints on when they think it could actually begin its upward trajectory so those of us that have been stacking religiously for so long that it begins to feel like we made the right decision. i am beginning to feel foolish but for some reason just keep buying. meanwhile the stock market just keeps rising. such a ponzi scheme. sorry just need to vent a little and to request for someone to offer reasonable reasons why silver can never seem to just act like it is a wise choice. i know it is a volatile metal but geez!
    More than not, it seems metals rise in dollar value when existential risk to our way of life rises. And seems to sink in value when when risk reduces.

If this sensation is more true than not, it gives me pause for concern. Will my happiness and peace of mind increase if and when metals do or will I wind up being very sorry as the rest of our lives might be so difficult due to the what yields to me in my holdings? Now I know what Bugs Bunny meant by oxy-maroon.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

The best fact I have about silver is....

Atlas Shrugged: "silver always disappoints".

He has been right about that since 13 years or so

Silver sucks, until it doesn't. With inflation the way it has been, silver doesn't really make much sense. Eventually the trend will reverse. Buy the dips when they come til then. I actually think a major escalation in war would cause a rise, even if temporary. When Russia invaded Ukraine, we saw some big moves. China to Taiwan should have a similar effect.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

If you look at the daily chart there's a lot of tech support around 20.70 below that gets quite scary but yeah! What's up?? the price of a "T" bone doubles and silver goes down. !! Interest rates are attracting folks to treasury's Considered safe even though the yields are below inflation.. Recent CPI, Jobs, and retail sales all give Fed more room to hike. National debt...the elephant in the room seems to be ignored. They call a strong dollar because it's better than other failing currencies, even though it takes more and more dollars to buy anything on the planet (except silver of course). I thought Fed would have to pivot sooner but recent data seems to be keeping their foot near the gas pedal. Silver will eventually make new highs, however it's delayed until the fed hits the wall with rates.

Ag guy
    Last edited by Ag guy; 02-15-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

Max, I don't think there is an answer on predictability. We all handle the buying and selling of silver in our own ways. Charts are good for hindsight but they can't forecast the USD dropping or rising, can't forecast black-swan events. Those that forecast have a 50% chance of being right. Not good odds. I sit on my hands most of the time, waiting for a gully-washer, then load up on either shares or taking possession. The art of practicing patience. In the meantime, the big five on the CME are allowed to naked short and that is just another annoying part of the pricing puzzle.

Perhaps take a break and sit back for a bit. Coagulate your thoughts. Maybe you have too many eggs in one basket and need to come up with a Plan B for an investment? Set limits, buy at only $18.00 or below or what ever price you set.

Just my $0.02 cents worth.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

it all makes sense as you leave your repies. thanks for sharing your valued opinions.

In the short-run anything can happen but I'd be inclined to think we're at or near the bottom and silver won't drop below $20(for long if at all), so back up the truck so to speak in that regards. It is annoying to see nearly everything increasing in price, yet silver is one of the very few things relatively staying the same. I can't explain why. In the short-run Insulin has decreased dramatically. In the long-run in a Mad Max scenario I'd expect Insulin to greatly outperform silver. In the medium run(our lives) I would keep in mind that silver is probably #1 in terms of the asset stored by folks around the world. Especially the added amount here in the US since the 70's, Ted Butler and succeeding folks to this day have learned they can make money promoting silver. This supply held by population getting old(er) is waiting for another spike to $50(or 16/1). Silver gets heavy with age. I'd also expect the long run gold to silver ratio continue on the progression we've seen for 150 years now, 16/1....32/1....64/1...today....128/1.

Quote Originally Posted by insidedealer View Post
    In the short-run anything can happen but I'd be inclined to think we're at or near the bottom and silver won't drop below $20(for long if at all), so back up the truck so to speak in that regards. It is annoying to see nearly everything increasing in price, yet silver is one of the very few things relatively staying the same. I can't explain why. In the short-run Insulin has decreased dramatically. In the long-run in a Mad Max scenario I'd expect Insulin to greatly outperform silver. In the medium run(our lives) I would keep in mind that silver is probably #1 in terms of the asset stored by folks around the world. Especially the added amount here in the US since the 70's, Ted Butler and succeeding folks to this day have learned they can make money promoting silver. This supply held by population getting old(er) is waiting for another spike to $50(or 16/1). Silver gets heavy with age. I'd also expect the long run gold to silver ratio continue on the progression we've seen for 150 years now, 16/1....32/1....64/1...today....128/1.
    On the plus side my pay is going up, and silver is staying the same...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Default it all looks good....over the long term.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/YFFCNOlV/

https://www.tradingview.com/x/1sYASz5Z/

i mean it used to be sub 4 bucks. I guess I wasn't planning on selling anytime soon....maybe NEVER. paper OK trade it, but not metal.
    Last edited by ruthenium; 02-16-2023 at 06:37 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast