Thread: Had a feeling we are going to experience a dip

Default Had a feeling we are going to experience a dip

It is the buy the rumor, sell the news kind of thing. Yesterday I unloaded 60% of my SLV portfolio, when the Fed is done hiking rates, I anticipate a clawback to 21-22 and possibly lower. Down .51 in early morning trading, we shall see.

SO, do you think it will go up or down after the rate hike?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Sadly the price of gold and silver are pretty immune to personal feelings. Honestly the worst thing that can happen to you now is for the market to go down and thus make you think you were right when it would be that you were lucky.

I saw the big dip at 3:00am this morning. If I had a mechanism in place to buy at that time, I would have. By the time my trading window opened, it was too late to get in on the rebound.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Nice head fake by the market. I anticipated profit taking but not the big increase just before it; tough day today with a huge drop from highs and so far no recovery.

I bought some paper pretty low, but not quite at the bottom. We will see what Monday brings. I don't like to hold paper.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.