Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Getting Close to 2K Again

Yeah, that's why an adjustable rate mortgage is just the thing you want right now as you refinance your mortgage.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Any dumbie can undertand that 30 year bonds are dead ducks. Within thirty years a 30 year bond of 100 actual dollars its purchasing value will probably be 20 cent, so it is a natural that the bondtrend has to come closer to our days.... But it means the bond market will compete with the mortgage and stockmaarket, which means interestrates will rise, which means that the rising rates might create a natural debt roadblock.

Bad decisions always come to roost, even spinned by Cramer.

Golditiki2+++

I don't know, ryan is pretty convincing everything is doing fine.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Oh my. Looks like we may be in for a little ride. Both Au and Ag spiking up rather significantly. Hold on, kiddos.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Well, I am impressed by how far off the scene the Fat Finger has been and cannot believe the number of days we have sustained N. of $2k.
    From when I began this PM journey at somewhat lower price point levels, I now realize it is most certainly Not for reasons of much monetary gain.
    I struggle to merit the posession of PM's then the fear of systemic crash brings me to my senses and I realize perhaps I am better to have the diversity
    that my meager PM pile affords in light of possible ^^. Fellow PM advocates, I hope that we collectively never endure a systemic monetary collapse.
    I did miss the elevator from the $400 per oz price points by a LONG shot....and for all this time may have realized a paltry $2k profit (pre-tax estimate).
    Risk vs Reward is not an ez pill to swallow sometimes.
    Last edited by vertical1; 12-01-2023 at 09:11 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

It is nice to see $2000, but IMHO $2,000 is not a magic number. To me $2,000 is just the canary in the coal mine. Bad things are happening and nobody is paying attention.

It seems nobody ever asks the important questions that need to be on everyone's minds. All need to be answered with a follow on -- "and then what?". Pass the next big spending tax bill - and then what? Have government control freedom of the press - and then what? Seize bank accounts from protesters without trials - and then what? Have 5 million, 10 million, 20 million illegal people flood into your country - and then what? Force people to spend money on so called green energy EV cars - and then what? Prevent any new power plants being built - and then what? Stop drilling for oil - and then what? Go to a digital currency - and then what? Cease fire agreements with savages that murder women and children - and then what? Turn control of the world over to AI - and then what?

The long hoped, hyped by so many, touting of $400 Ag and $15,000 (perhaps $50,000) Au might very well happen when really bad things are going down and getting what we wish for may not be as wonderful as what many are expecting. I much would rather see a gradual increase in both PM's only matching or just beating inflation and not because of hyperinflation or WWIII. To me seeing gold go to $2,250 - $2,500 in the next few years just tells me that the dollar (or any fiat currency) is just becoming worthless, but at a controlled rate. More and more I'm thinking having assets off the books (not in computer data banks) might be the best and perhaps only reason for holding PM. As governments go crazy sucking the life blood out of everyone, and taxing everything to maintain their insanity of spending, spending and spending despite the debt interest going to the moon, it might be good to have something to pass on to the next generation. That token of wealth might just might mean the difference in life or death as the system implodes. I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel we are all looking for isn't a rushing freight train coming full bore right at us.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Nice to see it stay up in the $2,000.00+ area. Long overdue.

LongDon. Lots of political stuff in your post. Important questions indeed. I feel and share your wisdom and outlook. Why not start a thread in the Politics section? eg: Fixing our Sovereign Country...suggestions and opinions.

There are a lot of Independent voters on here and there is no where they can post good ideas without being slammed.

Just my 2 cents.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Our local LCS just sent a text to us asking if we have any AU, any form/size/purity to sell him.

He is getting hit with a buyers run.

Edit: he just sold his last au (old historical dore bar)....... Now selling out ag...... Added $10.oz premium to try to slow down/cover inventory flow.
    Last edited by shades; 12-01-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    It is nice to see $2000, but IMHO $2,000 is not a magic number. To me $2,000 is just the canary in the coal mine. Bad things are happening and nobody is paying attention.

It seems nobody ever asks the important questions that need to be on everyone's minds. All need to be answered with a follow on -- "and then what?". Pass the next big spending tax bill - and then what? Have government control freedom of the press - and then what? Seize bank accounts from protesters without trials - and then what? Have 5 million, 10 million, 20 million illegal people flood into your country - and then what? Force people to spend money on so called green energy EV cars - and then what? Prevent any new power plants being built - and then what? Stop drilling for oil - and then what? Go to a digital currency - and then what? Cease fire agreements with savages that murder women and children - and then what? Turn control of the world over to AI - and then what?

The long hoped, hyped by so many, touting of $400 Ag and $15,000 (perhaps $50,000) Au might very well happen when really bad things are going down and getting what we wish for may not be as wonderful as what many are expecting. I much would rather see a gradual increase in both PM's only matching or just beating inflation and not because of hyperinflation or WWIII. To me seeing gold go to $2,250 - $2,500 in the next few years just tells me that the dollar (or any fiat currency) is just becoming worthless, but at a controlled rate. More and more I'm thinking having assets off the books (not in computer data banks) might be the best and perhaps only reason for holding PM. As governments go crazy sucking the life blood out of everyone, and taxing everything to maintain their insanity of spending, spending and spending despite the debt interest going to the moon, it might be good to have something to pass on to the next generation. That token of wealth might just might mean the difference in life or death as the system implodes. I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel we are all looking for isn't a rushing freight train coming full bore right at us.

Don, you are on fire, brother!

digbird, I concur with everything you just said there also...

Shades, at this point I'm almost not surprised at this revelation. I do think that many of us here knew that this point would come, and without fully committing to the bandwagon approach to looking at this, I also believe that this beginning to happen is probably just scratching the surface of where things will end up eventually. Those of us who are committed stackers and have been doing this for a while know that when you change the culture and the behavior of the "masses" (IE: everyday people looking for alternate places to store their wealth somewhat out of the realm of government interference), that things can happen very quickly and last a long time.
    Last edited by bronkster1967; 12-01-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Gold is not "getting close to $2K again" -- it is leaving it in the dust. Time to close this thread.....
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast