Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Close to 2K Again

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    I must be dense. I thought they ^^ were inextricably entwined. Because you cannot purchase without dollars. Or did the measuring stick get moved again
    They are most certainly not. During the immediate post war period we experienced a gigantic economic leap forward where true purchasing power grew across the board. There was inflation, with the dollar going down in value, but salary increases outpaced inflation. That ended at the beginning of the 80's; now raises are less than inflation, a true loss in purchasing power. At least for low and middle class because economic growth is still happening but mostly for the top 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I'm not getting paid in 1972 wages. LOL Actually, I've been retired over 20 years and still doing quite well, although I know many others aren't due to inflation and the inability of wages to keep up.
    what course did you take in younger years to accomplish this retirement end resuld of good cash flow? mine was a little bit of residential real estate units. i wish i would have doubled my efforts when i was much more active in procuring good rentals

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    what course did you take in younger years to accomplish this retirement end resuld of good cash flow? mine was a little bit of residential real estate units. i wish i would have doubled my efforts when i was much more active in procuring good rentals
    No courses and I did not complete college (no student loan, Company paid). Married a very smart gal (high school sweetheart). We both held well paying jobs with paid full medical into retirement. When we were younger, determined to work at being debt free and that included paying off home in 6 years. When I look back at all the financial blunders I made over the years I find it hard to believe that we have accumulated so much generational wealth. My wife and I feel truly blessed.

No inherited wealth, just slow and steady. And yes, we took vacations and after retirement, wintered in Mexico. I never looked at PM's as a fast track to wealth, as they have held steady, over the years, against a declining dollar.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    No courses and I did not complete college (no student loan, Company paid). Married a very smart gal (high school sweetheart). We both held well paying jobs with paid full medical into retirement. When we were younger, determined to work at being debt free and that included paying off home in 6 years. When I look back at all the financial blunders I made over the years I find it hard to believe that we have accumulated so much generational wealth. My wife and I feel truly blessed.

No inherited wealth, just slow and steady. And yes, we took vacations and after retirement, wintered in Mexico. I never looked at PM's as a fast track to wealth, as they have held steady, over the years, against a declining dollar.
    so a good work ethic, a good likeminded partner and slow and steady to win the race. congrats

Nice going Lawrence... and Maxwell you are being modest.. I think your rentals are doing very well. Just an observation based on your posts. Good job by both of you.

Any info on what caused the ~$25 pop in POG after hours?

https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=GC&p=m5
    Last edited by ynot2k; 02-01-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Oh, well there is this...
    https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=DX&p=m5

When the dollar was near it's high I thought about trading a bunch of it for my local currency.. but did not. At that time $15,000 USD could have bought 10 million CRC (colones). Today 10 million CRC will buy $18,000 USD.

Woulda, coulda, shoudla...
    Last edited by ynot2k; 02-01-2023 at 04:17 PM.

$1944.........................? And Dropping currently
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Oh, well there is this...
    https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=DX&p=m5

When the dollar was near it's high I thought about trading a bunch of it for my local currency.. but did not. At that time $15,000 USD could have bought 10 million CRC (colones). Today 10 million CRC will buy $18,000 USD.

Woulda, coulda, shoudla...
    I've made similar statements in the past about USD to CAD$'s. If, at the time, I was living closer to Canada I might have made a trip to Ontario and opened a savings or what ever was their best interest account.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

https://usawatchdog.com/

This is not one of my more trusted sources, In fact I trust this guy like I trust a politician, but I do find the prediction of $30k gold to be entertaining.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 02-17-2023 at 09:24 PM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast