Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Close to 2K Again

Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    Gold is deaf to arguments. I mean I have seen very compelling arguments over the years and gold doesn't seem to care.

Heck it works both ways. In 2015 or thereof I got to buy gold at sub $1,200 while people were busy making compelling arguments as to why gold was going down to $600.
    Just saying.. it's the Main Reason I HOLD my Gold/Silver is BECAUSE I Do Not
    Trust or Believe in Integrity of the u.s. 'System' in it's current Form..
    Reality is Really going to Be a ***** and in the not too Distant Future IMHO

https://www.dollarcollapse.com/john-...trust-horizon/
    Last edited by silverone; 01-30-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    x3

Personally I think the threats to the so called system are blown out of proportion for the timeframes we are going to experience. It can be argued that the writing was in the wall for the Roman empire, and yet it took 400 years for it to collapse and that was only on the west side of the empire. There are just too many vested interests in keeping this one going for it to die overnight.

When? That is the important question that I can't answer. I know that Fiat will die. I don't know when. 10 minutes from now? 10 months? 10 years? 10 decades? I don't know when.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    When? That is the important question that I can't answer. I know that Fiat will die. I don't know when. 10 minutes from now? 10 months? 10 years? 10 decades? I don't know when.
    The question is not "when" because it is happening in slow motion right before our eyes. Look at the price of gold and silver in this period...

The U.S. dollar has lost 86% its value since 1972
    This means that today's prices are 7.10 times as high as average prices since 1972, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index. A dollar today only buys 14.084% of what it could buy back then.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    The question is not "when" because it is happening in slow motion right before our eyes. Look at the price of gold and silver in this period...

The U.S. dollar has lost 86% its value since 1972
    This means that today's prices are 7.10 times as high as average prices since 1972, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index. A dollar today only buys 14.084% of what it could buy back then.
    So? Are you getting paid 1972 wages?

The depreciation of the dollar is irrelevant. Now; the erosion of low and middle class purchasing power is a real problem but that has nothing to do with monetary inflation.

The depreciation of the dollar is irrelevant. Now; the erosion of low and middle class purchasing power is a real problem but that has nothing to do with monetary inflation.
    I must be dense. I thought they ^^ were inextricably entwined. Because you cannot purchase without dollars. Or did the measuring stick get moved again
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Inflation is a tax on responsible savers. But, like Brandon promised, ONLY those who make more than $400,000.00 per year.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Direction for the coming weeks will be determined after 2:00 PM tomorrow. and more fully after remarks....3:PM ish
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

So? Are you getting paid 1972 wages?

I'm not getting paid in 1972 wages. LOL Actually, I've been retired over 20 years and still doing quite well, although I know many others aren't due to inflation and the inability of wages to keep up.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast