Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Way To Sell Silver Online...Been Gone A Few Years And My Old Reliables Are Gone

Default Best Way To Sell Silver Online...Been Gone A Few Years And My Old Reliables Are Gone

I used to buy and sell a lot with Bullion Direct (great online system at the time) and Tulving. Both disappeared but I luckily saw those failures coming and did not loose any of my money or Silver with them.
    I have sold to APMEX in the past. My local dealers are not that good. eBay used to be great but just costs too much (about 10% or so).
    So what is out there now for selling silver? It is a mix of old JM and Engelhard bars....lots of 1oz Maples and Eagles plus a smattering of newer 10oz and 1oz generics.

Boy I miss Bullion Direct. Store and sell from your stored stack (not segregated). 24 hour online trading platform. Too bad. Is there anything else like it now? I see Bullion Universe, also in Austin, tried to get going with the same model but no luck.
    Is APMEX still good? I have never sold to KITCO...how is that? I am looking for someone to sell to where you do not sweat the entire time you are waiting for your money. I so wish that there was a local to trust and not treat me like
    a dummy selling an estate stack I don't know anything about. I do know my premiums and I am not greedy....I would take spot for bars and generics and some premium for the Maples and Eagles.

And, if someone has a local in the Seattle area they trust, let me know.

Goldiebob

I did a swap with Kitco silver ---> platinum and was very happy with the service.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Kitco has a BST thread . Pretty sweet.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

I made great connections at bullion stacker, for a while most of my buying was there. I pretty much bought and sold at the same premium over spot.

Lately it is not as lively as it used to be but a bunch of the old reliable regulars are still active, just pay attention to the feedback ratings. Mine there is only 88 but those are all buying and selling PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    Kitco has a BST thread . Pretty sweet.
    It has been a bit dormant, but all of my buy / sells with KITCO Board Members have been A+

Best way to sell online is local like Craigslist. Just state in your add that you are only willing to accept cash and only will meet at your local police dept. parking lot. It keeps the scammers away... I am getting spot +12 over for tubes of ASE's.
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwin’s theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre Plata View Post
    Best way to sell online is local like Craigslist. Just state in your add that you are only willing to accept cash and only will meet at your local police dept. parking lot. It keeps the scammers away... I am getting spot +12 over for tubes of ASE's.
    dang, spot plus 12 over on craigslist these days??? not around here anymore. those prices were phasing out about 4-6 months ago for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    It has been a bit dormant, but all of my buy / sells with KITCO Board Members have been A+
    yes, all of mine have been honest without exception with other members here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by goldiebob View Post
    I used to buy and sell a lot with Bullion Direct (great online system at the time) and Tulving. Both disappeared but I luckily saw those failures coming and did not loose any of my money or Silver with them.
    I have sold to APMEX in the past. My local dealers are not that good. eBay used to be great but just costs too much (about 10% or so).
    So what is out there now for selling silver? It is a mix of old JM and Engelhard bars....lots of 1oz Maples and Eagles plus a smattering of newer 10oz and 1oz generics.

Boy I miss Bullion Direct. Store and sell from your stored stack (not segregated). 24 hour online trading platform. Too bad. Is there anything else like it now? I see Bullion Universe, also in Austin, tried to get going with the same model but no luck.
    Is APMEX still good? I have never sold to KITCO...how is that? I am looking for someone to sell to where you do not sweat the entire time you are waiting for your money. I so wish that there was a local to trust and not treat me like
    a dummy selling an estate stack I don't know anything about. I do know my premiums and I am not greedy....I would take spot for bars and generics and some premium for the Maples and Eagles.

And, if someone has a local in the Seattle area they trust, let me know.

Goldiebob
    i may be interested in some of that silver if you either want to list it on the buy/sell thread for members or send me a p m. max.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    dang, spot plus 12 over on craigslist these days??? not around here anymore. those prices were phasing out about 4-6 months ago for me.
    I just come in a bit under what the online dealers are selling for and they are easy to unload. Just did a quick online search and ASE's are going for $16 over spot and generic 10 ounce silver bars are at $6 over spot! I thought the premiums would eventually come down but I guess people are still buying at those premiums. I remember when $3 premiums on ASE's was high and I wouldnt pay more than .69 over spot for bars... Glad I backed up the truck when silver was $13 an ounce...
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwin’s theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast