Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silver's got legs.....!

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    If we're seeing an upward trend on the silver prices, how many people would be prompted to sell?
    With current premiums, I would be prompted to sell American Silver Eagles at retail less $2, in order to buy rounds at retail. I would increase the weight of my silver holdings by about 30% in doing that.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ag guy View Post
    Easy to be victorious when trading in nothing but pure criticism.SO..........YOU WIN !

Ag guy
    I'm sorry you took it that way. I'm simply pointing out the track record of economic forecasting.

Take the current inflation and the Feds 'guiding' the economy into a crash to 'fix it'. The Federal Reserve, with their armies of PHD economists, make decisions based on forecasts in order to steer the economy towards prosperity. Is it criticism to say that they failed at that or just a statement of the obvious? What is more glaring about their forecast is that they do indeed have the proverbial thumb on the scale; they can both make a forecast AND THEN pressure the market in the direction they want it to go, and they still fail at telling what will happen.

Google used to have an amazing function where you could search based on a timeframe. I used to love going back and see people talking about silver at any given month in past years to see how totally convinced they were about the direction of silver and how awfully wrong they got it. For years after the silver crash people kept buying that falling knife because charts told them that the moving average showed silver being dirt cheap bellow $40 and if it was cheap bellow $40 then just bellow $30 was even better. I guess I'm stupid because I was tickle pink to buy when nobody wanted it and premiums were as low as .39c over spot on sale.

for about 7 years now i have not waivered from making a usual monthly purchase with nearly all my discretionary funds no matter the price. i would fluctuate between gold, and silver. usually the basics of generics. whatever was having the lower premium. i got a lot of 90% since that was the best pricing almost always. things are changing nowadays though. i keep thinking i may sell my monster box of assorted ASE's to then buy generic and increase my base stacks but just don't seem to be able to part with them. lolz anyway, this strategy has seemed to work very well for me. i think i have a lot of halfs i got at 13 and 14 x face.

Dbcooper-AND THEN pressure the market in the direction they want it to go, and they still fail at telling what will happen"

This is why I can't take them seriously when they claim that economics is a science. Real economics is psychology. This shet we are seeing today is only scientific in the sense that we are being experimented on.

there's a reason why Economics is under social sciences and not under Mathematics. It is a science, just not that sort of science.

Silver continues to have legs, as of this morning.

Silver is seeing increases at a greater rate than gold right now. Something is causing the difference. What is it?

Are we just seeing the paper price catching up to the "high premium" physical price? Will the premiums decline in a re-balancing? Will they remain high? Has the paper price been fiction? A fiction that can no longer be held?

Are we seeing the effect of an actual increase in demand or decrease in availability that would cause a classic supply/demand related increase in price?

Does anyone else have other ideas?
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

COMEX silver futures have been in a bullish trend since reaching a bottom on September 1, 2022.

Looks like investment demand is up.

Here is an article explaining. Not sure about the trustworthyness but is has charts. Too difficult to post them with every forum function broken on my end. https://www.barchart.com/story/news/...ld-on-steroids
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 12-08-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Silver spot now beginning to retreat from just over USD $23.

I didn't start this thread as a prediction...I started it as a recognition that silver broke above the June high of around 22.50. and went through 23.00. On the daily chart there is no major resistance until around 25.93. I don't claim to know where it's going but my opinion is up. and I posted that it has legs because it actually finally showed legs.

Ag guy
    live for today, admit your faults, do the right thing (even if you don't want to) & trust God!
    This life is the training of the soul for the life to come. (accept that we live in a fallen world)
    Whether you know it or not, you are a spiritual eternal being! Ag guy

If Brittany Griers release is any indication of where the Ukraine conflict is going, anything is possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast