Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: There actually is a bullish case for silver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    391

    Default There actually is a bullish case for silver


  2. #2

    Default

    ECUs are also integral to BEVs where the motor is powered by battery packs and a battery management system (BMS), the latter being an example of an ECU. Silver is largely consumed in the energy management system as the main electrical contact material in the battery packs and in the surrounding control modules.
    EVs taking the wind out of the solar panel silver story?

  3. #3

    Default

    Something I have noticed over the years is that silver is not impressed by compelling arguments.

    Remember when crappy numbers for silver production by the silver institute kept being used to "show" that supply vs demand had been negative for over ten years? Silver didn't buy that argument either

  4. #4

    Default

    This got me exited about silver again and almost rushed out to buy more. But then I remembered how much of it they keep pulling out of the ground. Even with consumption losses, gold's relative rarity and hoarding profile by the wealthiest of people and nations make the silver (and gold) price suppression story harder and harder to believe. Saw a five ounce bar at lcs, will have to wait for premiums to drop because I'm not stacking those at 25$ oz

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    Something I have noticed over the years is that silver is not impressed by compelling arguments.

    Remember when crappy numbers for silver production by the silver institute kept being used to "show" that supply vs demand had been negative for over ten years? Silver didn't buy that argument either

    Oh yes, I was reading and hearing from Ted Butler, David Morgan, and others about the annual silver deficits from 2001 onwards and then - poof - they went away. There is such hype, misinformation, and manipulation with silver that for the past few years my attitude has changed and I now view it as just "real money" to hold in case of severe inflation and/or economic and social collapse and not to make much money with it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
    Oh yes, I was reading and hearing from Ted Butler, David Morgan, and others about the annual silver deficits from 2001 onwards and then - poof - they went away. There is such hype, misinformation, and manipulation with silver that for the past few years my attitude has changed and I now view it as just "real money" to hold in case of severe inflation and/or economic and social collapse and not to make much money with it.
    It is not even misinformation nor manipulation, it is just crass marketing. Beware those that are trying to sell you something.

    Honestly silver is not the best for hard core social collapse or severe inflation either, there are better preparations to tackle. The thing about the **** hitting the fan is that it is not about a global thing, it is a personal thing. If you were to lose your job right this moment and could not find another one, you would be in a more dire situation than if half the people around you lost their jobs but not you. People around us face certain ruin all the time, that's the sort of SHTF we should really be concerned about and working towards addressing.

  7. #7

    Default

    IMHO, there's no shortage of silver, there is a shortage of manufacturing of silver coins, rounds, bars. Also, I'm invested in a few junior mining companies that are building out mines with millions of ounces of silver. So future silver availability should also not be a problem as long as there's no run on the system and everybody wants out of fiat.
    Do your own due diligence

    I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    IMHO, there's no shortage of silver, there is a shortage of manufacturing of silver coins, rounds, bars. Also, I'm invested in a few junior mining companies that are building out mines with millions of ounces of silver. So future silver availability should also not be a problem as long as there's no run on the system and everybody wants out of fiat.
    I believe you are 100% correct on that; a shortage of pretty investment silver does not indicate of a shortage of silver as a whole. I have seen the price of silver rising and premiums both high and low, and the price of silver crashing and premiums both high and low. It is only a matter of the supply chains being in synch with demand.

    As far as an eventual run on silver goes it is quite simple; since the world abandoned species currency many paper currencies have crashed and burned, not a single one prompted for a return of silver nor gold. Heck not even on a small scale. If you look at its value through something akin to Purchase Power Parity (how much of a staple silver can buy you) even under currency collapses silver doesn't really gain much 'value' as it still takes around the same amount of silver to say buy a 25-pound sack of grain as it does now.

    I'm not hating on silver, I just like to stack with my eyes wide open.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    I believe you are 100% correct on that; a shortage of pretty investment silver does not indicate of a shortage of silver as a whole. I have seen the price of silver rising and premiums both high and low, and the price of silver crashing and premiums both high and low. It is only a matter of the supply chains being in synch with demand.

    As far as an eventual run on silver goes it is quite simple; since the world abandoned species currency many paper currencies have crashed and burned, not a single one prompted for a return of silver nor gold. Heck not even on a small scale. If you look at its value through something akin to Purchase Power Parity (how much of a staple silver can buy you) even under currency collapses silver doesn't really gain much 'value' as it still takes around the same amount of silver to say buy a 25-pound sack of grain as it does now.

    I'm not hating on silver, I just like to stack with my eyes wide open.
    I take a long term look at PM. Gold is harder to track for Americans since we lost the ability to hold it before the 1970's. Silver doesn't have much more of a track history, except it was available to the average Joe that was alive prior to 1965. If you look at 90% silver coins then and now and compare the purchasing power it this stuff then silver has held up quite well in preserving wealth. It has not given you a boost in wealth, but hasn't lost any either. Which as I understand it is exactly what it is supposed to do. Growth in wealth isn't what PM is know to provide. It did do much better than holding fiat paper buried under your mattress. I for one believe that in the long run silver will hold its own, but it swings well below and for short periods of time well above its true value.
    Do your own due diligence

    I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

  10. #10

    Default

    I was thinking of buying tonight, but I am thinking that it has a ways to fall still. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go back down to 14-15$.
    What is doing very well is rare comic books. Some months back I was looking to buy the walking dead 1st and second issues. I couldn't get myself to pay $800-1,000 for paper. They are up thousands since that time though.
    Last edited by jjmcwill; 11-11-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •