Thread: What are you smoking,Ted?

Default What are you smoking,Ted?

I have been reading Butler's articles for over twenty years, and he is consistently wrong in his promises of an explosion in the price of silver. I will admit that he has done a useful public service in exposing the manipulation in the silver market. But as for his promised explosions- a big dud for sure. He has been promising a hundred an ounce for twenty years now, and in an article from the summer of 2004 he actually listed some reasons whey silver could go to 200. What a con artist loser!

https://silverseek.com/article/comin...ver-and-beyond

I really like the title of this thread. I think you should continue posting Ted's new prognostications here instead of starting a new thread each time. That way we could more easily rip on him as the new articles come out.
    Last edited by and4rik; 10-29-2022 at 02:17 PM.

From thread: Are you ready to retire Ted?

So silver is manipulated and any day (or month or year) it will explode. We get it Ted. Just fade away and enjoy your golden years.

https://silverseek.com/article/revisiting-old-premise

https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...-to-retire-Ted

I own a fairly substantial amount of silver and my dearest wish is that, other than the occasional investor craze/bubble, that it never ever gets to go to the moon. If it ever does it means that things got so bad that no amount of silver will make up for it. Heck if you are really concerned that things can get that bad, owning silver is actually low on the list of things to do in order to strengthen your financial well being.

Don't take this as an attack on silver (which as stated i am a happy stacker of it) but me thinks that too many folks use silver as a comfort blankie to feel better about an uncertain hostile world instead of addressing more pressing priorities.

You make good points, It seems I really only sell when I find something in my stack that just does not seem to fit. For example I had one of those 4oz 100$ bill bars in the box, gone. Some Franklin Mint stuff as well, others I kept. A happy stacker here as well, but premiums are just not in line with availability, virtually any coin can be had in quantity. Longing for the days of spot +3$ for eagles

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    I really like the title of this thread. I think you should continue posting Ted's new prognostications here instead of starting a new thread each time. That way we could more easily rip on him as the new articles come out.

Sounds like a good idea.